Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 07:37 PM

Re: Men and Women, different skills.

There is a movement happening called "Tradwife" (short for traditional wife) whereby women give up (themselves?) any semblance of independence, in order to cook, clean, have babies, and generally be harking back to female roles of the early 1900's. Their husbands go to work, give them housekeeping, and....that's it. It has caused some ruckus amongst the feminists, of course.....

I wonder if perhaps women are feeling the pressure of trying to do it all? Be everything - worker, wife, mother etc....so they just say sod it, and grab the duster?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 08:47 PM

I am not servile and l won’t allow any man to control me but l do feel it is my ‘duty’ to look after my man and always have food ready for him.

If that’s old fashioned then so be it.

Regarding skills, l will have a go at any job a man can do. If l fail, well that’s a pity but at least l tried.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not servile and l won’t allow any man to control me but l do feel it is my ‘duty’ to look after my man and always have food ready for him.

Regarding skills, l will have a go at any job a man can do. If l fail, well that’s a pity but at least l tried.
Then you're a real woman in my eyes.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:20 PM

I particularly like the last bit - what a fantastic person you are!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Nicely put, and Tachyon has it right, you are pretty fantastic, Art. There a few things that men can do, mostly related to lifting, that I wouldn't begin to try - and I admire and compliment them on those abilities. There are likewise a few physical things that women can do that a man cannot, and I expect they admire and appreciate us in similar fashion.

I think it's quite nice that biology has created this need to for us to depend on and take care of one another. At times, it's brought me to tears seeing animals do likewise.

The example that always comes to mind was during bitterly cold winter in Kansas, in which a pair of Canada geese would come to the yard and without exception, the male would allow the female feed first while he stood guard. She was probably carrying fertilized eggs, and I loved him dearly for it. While she could have, she never ate all the feed and would leave some for him, taking turns to be on lookout so he could eat in peace.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:48 PM

Gosh! I am gobsmacked by the three last wonderful replies.
ThankYou. I thought, some would not agree with me.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:49 PM

As you say, Surfermom, men can generally lift more than women, and I notice this in the gym where women in their 30's can't lift as much as I can and nor can they keep doing it longer than me. That said, their endurance is off the map - I've seem many women who spend an hour running at a heck of a speed on a treadmill or hammering away on a cross-trainer machine. I wouldn't last more than a few minutes on machines like that. Too fast paced for me these days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-05-2021, 10:07 PM

I wish I had the strength of a man when trying to get those childproof tops off bottles, containers etc.
They drive you bonkers, as for all the pressing down and unscrewing at the same time... they just don’t budge!!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 10:36 PM

Yes, men and women have different skill sets. However, some men are much better than some women and some women are better than some men.
I have always loved to cook. I first started cooking when I was only old enough to push a chair up to the stove. Years later, I became a chef. The women I have known, reached the limit of their cooking skills by toasting bread. Go figure.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:07 AM

I would like to think im equal to any man ....more equal in some things less equal in others....ha! I know that makes no sense I'm not chief cook and bottle washer though ...have to admit I'm not that.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top