Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 02:00 PM

Plantar Fascitis

I've been suffering with this in my left foot for almost one year now. The pain has changed in that it's mainly felt like severe stabbing pain in my heels which I assume is heel spurs. Has anybody had this? If so, how long? And most importantly what worked for you?

So far I've tried:

4 different types of insoles,

a sports therapist with deep tissue massage on my calfs and achilles heel,

stretching the plantar fascia, calf and achilles heel (which caused terrible pain in my heels - so bad that I've stopped doing it because it just felt very wrong)

Any advice very gratefully received.

Sandy
zinnia
Wiltshire
zinnia is female  zinnia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 02:33 PM

Re: Plantar Fascitis

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I've been suffering with this in my left foot for almost one year now. The pain has changed in that it's mainly felt like severe stabbing pain in my heels which I assume is heel spurs. Has anybody had this? If so, how long? And most importantly what worked for you?

So far I've tried:

4 different types of insoles,

a sports therapist with deep tissue massage on my calfs and achilles heel,

stretching the plantar fascia, calf and achilles heel (which caused terrible pain in my heels - so bad that I've stopped doing it because it just felt very wrong)

Any advice very gratefully received.

Sandy
Hello - I too suffer from this painful condition - I have found sticking micro tape (the kind meant to hold dressings in place) in a criss cross way - I use seven pieces approx 3" in length layered in different directions - this stops the heel spreading when weight is put on it which really helps. A chiropracter also did very deep pressure massage which really did lessen the pain almost completely.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Hello Sandy

Yes I had it years ago, my sister-in-law was a state registered chiropodist so she diagnosed the condition and I bought some insoles from her, they cost about £25 each, really expensive, but seemed to work. I had it for about two months and then it went. I can't remember if I had in one or both feet as it was about ten years ago now.

I'm surprised you've had trouble with yours for so long, not that I know an awful lot about it. Have you seen a chiropodist?
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 04:19 PM

I don't know an awful lot about it either. The doctor told me that it could take a year to shift and various people I've spoken to have had it 20+ months. I've tried 4 different insoles and none have worked. So frustrating. I'm beginning to think I've got it for life.

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello Sandy

Yes I had it years ago, my sister-in-law was a state registered chiropodist so she diagnosed the condition and I bought some insoles from her, they cost about £25 each, really expensive, but seemed to work. I had it for about two months and then it went. I can't remember if I had in one or both feet as it was about ten years ago now.

I'm surprised you've had trouble with yours for so long, not that I know an awful lot about it. Have you seen a chiropodist?
Baxter8
Somerset

10-02-2013, 04:21 PM

Yes the sports therapist used tape and it felt so much better but he did say it wasn't actually a cure. I do have a role of tape I might try it again now you're reminded me.

Has anybody tried the FS6 socks from Boots they look really expensive but if they did the trick ....

Originally Posted by zinnia ->
Hello - I too suffer from this painful condition - I have found sticking micro tape (the kind meant to hold dressings in place) in a criss cross way - I use seven pieces approx 3" in length layered in different directions - this stops the heel spreading when weight is put on it which really helps. A chiropracter also did very deep pressure massage which really did lessen the pain almost completely.
zinnia
Wiltshire
zinnia is female  zinnia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 06:39 PM

I have been troubled with this for over 18 months now - the Doctor said it could last over 2 years - he offered a cortisone injection in my heel (very painful, so I have been told!). I decided to hang on and wait for it to hopefully get better over time - which I am glad to say is happening.
Baxter8
Somerset

13-02-2013, 12:09 AM

Yes I think I might have turned a corner - but it has been incredibly slow .

I'm not happy to go down the cortisone injection path either.

Originally Posted by zinnia ->
I have been troubled with this for over 18 months now - the Doctor said it could last over 2 years - he offered a cortisone injection in my heel (very painful, so I have been told!). I decided to hang on and wait for it to hopefully get better over time - which I am glad to say is happening.
Autumn Sea
New Member!
UK
Autumn Sea is female 

13-02-2013, 07:28 PM

The Use of a Pediroller can help stretch the plantar fascia - worth a try anyway for this painful condition
Baxter8
Somerset

13-02-2013, 07:39 PM

I must get another Pediroller - I had one and the darn dog chewed it! I use a pilates ball - which is all nobbly and I run my foot over it for 3 mins in the morning and 3 mins in the evening. It feels wonderful directly after.

I went for a walk today - only about 2.5 miles but it was road walking because of the mud in the field and my foot is really complaining right now.

Originally Posted by Autumn Sea ->
The Use of a Pediroller can help stretch the plantar fascia - worth a try anyway for this painful condition
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 07:47 PM

Yes I had this 3 years ago, I could hardly walk. I went to my GP who gave me Cortisone Injection which was very painful, but worked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top