Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 02:40 PM

Re: Psoriasis

Graham - as you live in a very cold climate - have you tried a bit of sun therapy, it may just work ! Maybe get some rosehip oil too, as Annie suggested, heard good things...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 08:51 PM

Another suggestion, if you can manage it for a month or so to see if it makes a difference, is to go gluten-free. Here's a link: http://www.glutenfreesociety.org/glu...n-sensitivity/

Gluten triggers auto-immune disorders in some people even if they do not have celiac disease. Psoriasis is one condition that may improve with the elimination of gluten. This means reading labels for wheat content and also avoiding 'modified food starch' which can be derived from wheat. Most natural foods stores can help you select gluten-free products. You really do miss pasta and breads but if it means relief from symptoms it's worth it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Dovobet costs £50 a tube?! Where's an 'aghast' emoticon when you need one?!!!! I visited my GP last week and blithely asked for a new tube of it, AND Oilatum, AND an emollient.

I have psoriasis on my arms under the elbows and recently started suffering burning and itching on my left palm. Trouble is, stress seems to stay alongside me all throughout life. (Nothing that a modest lottery win won't cure, mind. Then it'll be a little detached property with a garden. Pets and vegetables. And peace and quiet. And no neighbours.) Mmmmm, a woman can dream...

Oh, I digress. Yes, it's a nuisance, but I've seen a lot worse cases than mine.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Dovobet costs £50 a tube?! .
It's a hideous price isn't it (and that was the price 10 years ago) but it does work very well. A friend of mine, from years ago, had it so bad that at the swimming pool, she was asked to leave! Her GP wouldn't prescribe it and as mine tended to give me 4 small tubes each time (I told her I only needed one at a time if I keep stress under control), I sent the other three to my friend and she said the relief was a blessing. It really does come down to whether or not your GP will agree to the prescription.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Another suggestion, if you can manage it for a month or so to see if it makes a difference, is to go gluten-free. Here's a link: http://www.glutenfreesociety.org/glu...n-sensitivity/

Gluten triggers auto-immune disorders in some people even if they do not have celiac disease. Psoriasis is one condition that may improve with the elimination of gluten. This means reading labels for wheat content and also avoiding 'modified food starch' which can be derived from wheat. Most natural foods stores can help you select gluten-free products. You really do miss pasta and breads but if it means relief from symptoms it's worth it.
Already Gluten free .
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Dovobet costs £50 a tube?! Where's an 'aghast' emoticon when you need one?!!!! I visited my GP last week and blithely asked for a new tube of it, AND Oilatum, AND an emollient.

I have psoriasis on my arms under the elbows and recently started suffering burning and itching on my left palm. Trouble is, stress seems to stay alongside me all throughout life. (Nothing that a modest lottery win won't cure, mind. Then it'll be a little detached property with a garden. Pets and vegetables. And peace and quiet. And no neighbours.) Mmmmm, a woman can dream...

Oh, I digress. Yes, it's a nuisance, but I've seen a lot worse cases than mine.

Tried that ,or similar , just makes it worse.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 09:50 PM

In that case, it could be one of three: Erythrodermic, exfoliative or pustular psoriasis. Maybe a quick google would help to see if you can identify which one it is.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Hi! There is a study that suggests Cod Liver oil capsules, 1G per day will improve the condition.

Norway
i

24-03-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by SOUL DJ ->
Hi! There is a study that suggests Cod Liver oil capsules, 1G per day will improve the condition.

Thank you , another avenue to try.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top