Join for free
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 02:48 AM

Fargo Hill Climb Challenge 3/24/13!

It had been two years since entering my first ever Fargo hill climb event, and today I returned, on 3/24/13, in an attempt to successfully climb the massive 32% grade monster hill again. Fargo is one of the worlds steepest streets!

As it turns out, I had/have a fractured rib, sustained as a result of a drop I did while riding my mountain uncycle last week. Up until yesterday I wasn’t sure if I would be physically able to even attempt the climb, but the pain was all but gone this morning so I decided to go for it!

For today's annual event, I ended up doing THREE climbs, with the first two counting as official. Although I finished the third climb, I momentarily dismounted to avoid a collision with bike. The first two climbs were done earlier before the hill got overly congested with participants. I was told again today that I’m still the first and only person to successfully climb this monster hill on a unicycle in the event's 30+ year history! I’m pretty proud of that.

So this makes 4 official climbs; two for this event and two at the 2011 event. Plus three more training rides made to the top. This video includes *both* climbs and both descents, plus a couple of fun interviews. This was, without exception, the most physically tortuous thing I've ever done on a unicycle--or on anything for that matter!

The guy who filmed the second climb held the camera steadier and is a better depiction of the steepness. Hope you enjoy.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top