Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 07:27 PM

Re: Anyone tried bee pollen?

it must depend where the bees are getting the pollen , if its a innercity bee cant be as good as a country bee? even some bees must be getting it from GM crops ..who knows ? How any one can say organic honey always amazes me ... who knows where they go?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I think just eating honey can help your well being. I know they have done research on Honey to find out what it is about it that gives you a well being but they cant resolve it. I only know that I have used honey for donkey years, it wakes me up, it makes me feel good if my blood sugar is going down, its good for the skin and to me I have not found any fault with it. I am sure the pollen sacks are OK but its cheaper to take honey everyday.
Is there a certain honey you take, do you take a spoonful of it ? Is it really good for the skin....?
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 08:17 PM

Azz might jump in here you know, he's well up on honey and it's benefits, must be the right sort though. Was discussed on Dogsey not too long ago.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 10:46 PM

Lots more to think about, thanks all. I have to avoid soy so I wonder if honey from the soya plants, when they flower, would bother me. Hmm.

Azz - any advice?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 10:46 PM

Manuka honey is said to be very good for you as it has many medicinal uses.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/m...medicinal-uses
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 10:51 PM

Ah, I've heard of manuka honey... didn't know what is was. Thanks Mags... will give it a read now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top