Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 02:56 AM

Oil of oregano for....?

I have a friend who swears by it as an antibiotic. He says you can't take it for too long though. Anyone tried it?
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2013, 04:14 PM

Re: Oil of oregano for....?

Interesting, I assume it's an essential oil which is supposed to be used with caution as it's so concentrated - does she take it orally or on wounds? Could be priceless for use on MSRA victims.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2013, 03:24 AM

Re: Oil of oregano for....?

Orally, and diluted quite a bit. He follows up with yogurt with acidophilus because the oil of oregano clears the good bacteria out with the rest and you have to restore the balance. It can be used orally too, diluted about 1 drop to a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil.

I'd just like a bit more feedback from anyone else who has tried it. I don't have an immediate need, just wondering if it's a good idea to keep some on hand and what the shelf life is like.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top