Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Chronic tiredness pains and aches

Feeling very below par today. Every bone aches and I am cold and miserable....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Re: Chronic tiredness pains and aches

Aww that's no good. Coming down with something perhaps try a dose of vitamin C sometimes helps ward things off for me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 09:50 AM

Hello Jean - hopefully you've not got to go out today - keep warm - hot drinks, got any lemon ? You need extra vit C and zinc.
Wish you well and soon...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 10:06 AM

I will give you oppersite advice ... wrap up well and go for a long brisk walk it will ease the aches and pains and the fresh air will blow the cobwebs away. when you get home you will be warm....
Just over a year ago I was like this ever day , I worked in a job I hated for 3 days aweek. For years it dragged me down emotionally and physically, I was tired depressed and could hardly move, my joints hurt, winter of 2011 was the worst of my life. id spend days in bed with no energy to get out. Come spring Of 2012 Id had enough after having a painic attack at work when I was taken to the doctor ... her advice was do some thing different, simple advice but so hard to do. I took her words to heart and May of 2012 I quit my job and moved to south of france for a year, now Im up at sunlight walk for 2/3 hours aday some times if i have nothing better todo I can walk up to 9 hours aday. I work hard in my garden, I chop my wood, I have made new friends , Im learning french, I cook more exciting/healthy foods. swim in the local lac. read. Now no pains I smile all the time, Im full of energy and have lost nearly 2 stone in weight. and Im happy. I know it cant last for ever as my savings fast running out ...But i know I will never let my self go back to feeling so bad again......
So dont give in to it ....get out there and do some thing different .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 11:03 AM

Great post Bags - makes sense....
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 12:28 PM

Thanks everyone very good advice indeed.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Hope you've not caught my cold virus ~ 5 weeks today and it's gradually on its way out
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 04:33 PM

To Rachel, colds should never last longer than a week, if it is as persistent as you say then maybe a visit to the doc may be in order. Either that or someone/something, is reinfecting you?

Oh and Jean, you are not on statins are you? particularly Simvastatin? Only those symptoms sound very much like the way I was feeling a few weeks ago, been gradually creeping up and increasing for several years, then doc agreed could try doing without for a few months, and you would not believe the difference in me now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 05:56 PM

I think statins caused my fybromyalgia. Started off with aches & pains & terrible tiny muscle cramps, like red hot coals in muscles. Stopped taking them, tried others & had the same. Now it's aches all the time, joints & muscles.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 11:28 PM

Lots of Bugs floating about over here too Jean, mostly Flu types, you sound like it's the same with yourself. Hope you get better soon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top