Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Re: Chronic tiredness pains and aches

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
To Rachel, colds should never last longer than a week, if it is as persistent as you say then maybe a visit to the doc may be in order. Either that or someone/something, is reinfecting you?
Doc said it's a cold virus and could last 6 weeks.
Nothing to be done. There's a lot of it about, apparently.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 12:34 PM

Yes Rachel mine said the same, but you get so low, it makes you vulnerable to catch something else like i have.
Now hubby got a streaming cold
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 01:34 AM

Chicken soup! It's my favourite comfort food and has that long-standing reputation for curing what ails you. Hope you feel better soon.

Baggy, that's a remarkable post and I'm personally glad you shared it.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 05:35 AM

Every time I get a virus it goes to my chest which has happened. Thanks everyone for your good vibes and advice.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
Every time I get a virus it goes to my chest which has happened. Thanks everyone for your good vibes and advice.
Yep, I've also got this at the moment Jean, it went straight to my chest, I am on antibiotics that have helped, I've only got a couple of days left but I reckon I will have to go back to the doctor and get some stronger ones just to finish it off. I'm still a little wheezy. I think mine is a viral infection.

I hope you feel better soon Jean and the rest of you suffering with colds and virus infections.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 10:36 AM

Taken my last antibiotic today, but unless a miracle happens before tomorrow, I think i'll be back to doctors for a continuation course which he said I might need.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 12:22 PM

Hope your on the mend now Jean..
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Here is an interesting piece about colds and cold viruses you may all find interesting
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-l...cold-last.html

Oh and to those who say they are on antibiotics for 'viral infections' then they have either been misdiagnosed, misinformed, or mis-prescribed, because antibiotics have no effect on viruses. Thought everyone knew that nowadays.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Here is an interesting piece about colds and cold viruses you may all find interesting
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-l...cold-last.html

Oh and to those who say they are on antibiotics for 'viral infections' then they have either been misdiagnosed, misinformed, or mis-prescribed, because antibiotics have no effect on viruses. Thought everyone knew that nowadays.
That's very interesting daisymay, thanks for the link but my cold wasn't like that, I had a sore throat one evening and the next day it just went straight to my throat and chest and I was very wheezy, crackly and the most amazing noises coming from me at night. I haven't slept in bed for the last four days, I've been sleeping in the armchair downstairs as I'm so congested so I need the antibiotics. They are gradually helping but I'll probably need another course to get rid of it completely.

My mother in law gets terrible chest infections through a cold and she is always given antibiotics.

I think it depends how bad you are whether you have antibiotics or not.

I read your link but it says no unneccessary antibiotics.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 07:05 PM

Sounds more like a bacterial infection than a mere head cold, hence the antibiotics.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top