Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:40 PM

Doesn't it make you want to spit!!

Keith Richard of The Rolling Stones was 70-years-old 3 days ago!!
At a time when we're all bombarded with lists of things that are bad for us, lists of things that are beneficial and other things to avoid (yawn!) Keith's still around despite being almost legendary in his use and abuse of drugs and alcohol, (still on 2 bottles of Jack Daniels a day apparently!) and still the epitome of the rock star of decades past.

I've had my share of moments in my past too but in many ways I'm paying for it now so how do you feel when you hear / read of milestones like this after the life of Hell-Raising that Keith has had?

Envious? Jealous or just resigned to the fact that some seem to lead charmed lives?! stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Re: Doesn't it make you want to spit!!

I just see it as luck of the draw and wonder if he is as happy as some of us who have less "interesting" lives but been happily married and had happy families, I some how doubt it. Hedonism isn't as conducive to a happy life as having a happy family etc.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 02:58 PM

I am a firm believer in that a lot of what life throws at you (healthwise) will be down to genetic makeup and environmental factors over which joe public has little control.

It doesn't irritate me that the likes of Keith has lived a long and, no doubt, happy life - he is one of the lucky ones and good luck to him. I'd rather get off the ride of life thinking 'wow, what a ride that was' than leave it thinking 'was it all worth it'.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 03:59 PM

The concept of pleasure is approached in a variety of ways and Keith's way has worked well for him.
I'm not in the slightest bit jealous of him - apart from his musical talent
Every humans purpose is to seek pleasure and avoid pain surely ... and the role of pleasure and of achieving it can be as simple or complicated as you make it.
I agree, he is a lucky man but I doubt very much he drinks that much a day!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Yep - drinks and smokes, I agree with Kal, genetic make-up. He also seems a happy chappie, which is also important to yer health.
I think he's great !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 04:36 PM

The very best of luck to him Steve, I'm sure he's saying to hell with the begrudgers. He's had jam on both sides of his bread and lives to tell the tale.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
The very best of luck to him Steve, I'm sure he's saying to hell with the begrudgers. He's had jam on both sides of his bread and lives to tell the tale.
Just how I feel Jem and I think he's a bit younger than Jagger too, and definitely younger than Charlie!!

Keep on gathering no moss Keith! stevmk2
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 09:05 PM

Forgot he was 70 this year. Not really bothered about Keith.
Hope kids in their 20's don't think that they can drink 2 bottles of JD a day.
I think his face tells it all and I always wonder what his Liver must look like
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2013, 11:31 PM

The French have a saying about life,
---------------it depends on the liver.

"Comment va la vie? Cela dépend sur le foie"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 12:29 AM

Doesn't it make me want to what?.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top