Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 07:55 PM

Skinny Bitch

Thought that would get your attention!

I wasn't going to post this here because of the strong language, but I'm on chapter 4 now and so incredibly impressed by this book (although I am reading the men's version of the book called skinny ***tard!!).

It's the kick up the backside most people need where food is concerned. Here's a few snips from it (the men's version), although if strong language isn't your thing you may want to skip this thread.. I have purposely not censored any of the words so as to not dilute the tone, style and message of this book).

Whenever you see the words 'fat-free' or 'low-fat,' think of the words 'chemical shit storm.' Read the ingredients.
When methyl alcohol, a component of aspartame, enters your body, it turns into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is toxic and carcinogenic (cancer-causing). Laboratory scientists use formaldehyde as a disinfectant or preservative. They don't fucking drink it.
Are you a pill popper? ....

If your nose is running, your body is trying to rid itself of something through your snot. But you, drama queen, take cold medicine to stop your runny nose. Now you've gone and fucked up everything. Medicine is made of chemicals. Never mind that the Food and Drug dministration gives meds their stamp of approval. They also allow the use of aspartame. Use your own damn brain.
Check it out it's only £4.92 !! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skinny-Bitch.../ref=pd_cp_b_1
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Re: Skinny Bitch

I`m tempted to reply but might have missed the point??

I did my PhD in a lab where some purported to be interested in `anorexia`--ha ha -looking at naked young girls maybe,making a reputation without actually doing anything -most surely, and seeing a vivacious young lady in their lab get ill and doing nothing apart from saying "she had a typical profile"*

Over 30 years ago now but I still get angry

* I had left by then but went back to ask how come they missed it
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 05:57 AM

All I can say is this book is amazing! It echoes very much a lot of what I already know and believe. On chapter 6 so far and agree with it 100%

If you can stomach the profanities, I dare you to read it
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Glad to see this thread we do need some down to earth facts on what we are putting into our bodies and I particularly like the low-fat and fat free analogy.

However, sugar is the obese persons natural enemy we become addicted to sugar. Try giving up sugar in all forms for one day and see. In this country most sugar free foodstuffs contain aspartame.

Aspertame is cheap and cheerful and the small amounts you take in shouldn't hurt. However, the sugar industry would like us to continue to be sugar addicts and therefore use scare tactics.

Simply we are feeding ourselves and our children with too much sugar ensuring that we continue to crave more and more sugar leading to diabetes and obesity.

I don't eat sugar in any form (very hard to do) all my energy comes from me not caffeine, alcohol or carbohydrates.

This is not everyones answer but if we learn more about the awful crap that is added to our food we might eventually learn not to eat processed food but to stick to home produced so that you know exactly what is in it.

I don't know the numbers but everyone would be amazed at the amount of sugar added to cereal, yogurt, sauces, soups and of course cakes and biscuits.

The reason that this country is becoming so obese is because we eat too much sugar which we don't need it has no food value all we do need is vegetables, nuts, protein and berries.

Sorry Azz you were talking about your book and I got on a soap box and will now get off.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Formaldehyde is also used by undertakers in mummification Azz, . . BTW I'm not offended by *%@>?*^! in the least.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top