Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:33 AM

Re: Chiropractor

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Baz, but when you said a GP would contact you and save you waiting, I thought you meant they could save you waiting for a chiropractic appointment by giving you an early referral.
I see what you meant now.
GPs think chiropractors are witch doctors. At least that's my experience of talking to a couple.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:34 AM

Sweet dreams, Roxy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
GPs think chiropractors are witch doctors. At least that's my experience of talking to a couple.

Yes, I'm sure some do, Annie.

But perhaps they should try it first.
I have only ever had positive experiences - and without being stuffed with strong pain killers and pills, too.
I know which method I prefer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I'm sure some do, Annie.

But perhaps they should try it first.
I have only ever had positive experiences - and without being stuffed with strong pain killers and pills, too.
I know which method I prefer.
I totally agree Mups. I'm struggling to remember the difference between an osteopath and a chiropractor. For some reason osteopaths are more respected. Is that because they can dispense medication?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I totally agree Mups. I'm struggling to remember the difference between an osteopath and a chiropractor. For some reason osteopaths are more respected. Is that because they can dispense medication?

I think they can dispense meds as you say, and also organise x-rays.
The only Osteopath I ever saw, was many years ago, and he was a brute! I really don't like all the sudden bone clicking they do.
He used to look after the injured at the Northampton football club - but I'm not a 6ft footballer.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:03 AM

I used to go to a local Chiropractor and while he wasn't bad in the end only an operation solved the problem. I was also going to a physiotherapist and it was he that sent me to my GP with a note saying the problem was bigger than he could solve.

It has been 23 years since the first operation but I am still getting about, still going for walks, still travelling. I have wonderful painkillers for the occasions when I overdo it.

Chirprators might be good for small problems but sometimes medical intervention is the only way to go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I used to go to a local Chiropractor and while he wasn't bad in the end only an operation solved the problem. I was also going to a physiotherapist and it was he that sent me to my GP with a note saying the problem was bigger than he could solve.

It has been 23 years since the first operation but I am still getting about, still going for walks, still travelling. I have wonderful painkillers for the occasions when I overdo it.

Chirprators might be good for small problems but sometimes medical intervention is the only way to go.

Bruce, I agree there would be some problems where surgery would have to be the only answer unfortunately.

I'm glad you got sorted though, and still managing well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top