Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
polly123
New Member!
london
polly123 is female 

18-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Who's interested in extreme sports?

Hello everyone, newbie here!
Just wondering if anyone has any interest in extreme sports here? Such as watersports, skiing/snowboarding etc.
Or even if you want to try...
Just trying to find people with some similar interests?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Re: Who's interested in extreme sports?

Hi Polly, I once tried my hand at tiddlywinks but got hit by a wink, that put an end to that sport.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:10 PM

I used to be into rock-climbing, surfing, mountaineering when I was younger. As I got older I gave up most of them in favour of a slightly less extreme sport - sled dog racing. Nowadays I'm primarily into the most extreme sport of all - trying to keep my wonderful wife happy!!!!!

This wasn't me, but a young person I was instructing in North Wales (does Youth Work count as an extreme sport?)

This was me racing on my 60th birthday - the organisers gave me bib no. 60 that day - coincidence??

The most extreme sport of all!!

Mick
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:23 PM

The most extreme sport I do these days is climbing the stairs.
polly123
New Member!
london
polly123 is female 

18-10-2012, 03:33 PM

very funny alan!
Wow Mick those pictures look brilliant. What made you stop? Looks like you were quite an enthusiast!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:38 PM

Mine is getting up.
polly123
New Member!
london
polly123 is female 

18-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Would you ever try oldbugger?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:40 PM

I stopped rock climbing after I made the mistake of taking my wife to see some of the climbs we had done in North Devon. This was one of my favourite crags at Baggy Point, Croyde Bay

After showing her one of my very favourite climbs (a 350ft vertical sea cliff) she decided she preferred me alive and asked me not to go climbing any more.
I still do the occasional bit of mountain walking and I still work my dogs in harness, but don't compete any more. The main reason for stopping is that we both got so involved in dog rescue, that we have very little time for anything else any more.

Mick
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Not for me these Days lol. I used to Teach 8 Classes a Week of Line Dance.....that was Extreme enough for me. I did in my Youth do Mountain Walks up some of Scotlands Mountains now I still do the Hills but on Horse back with My Laird, not on Foot like I used to.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 03:55 PM

Even if I had the conviction to my body wouldn't allow it.

I had a major senior moment this morning where I could barely get out of the bath as my back gave in plus I couldn't grip the handles properly due to my arthritis.

Growing old 'sucks'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top