Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 11:38 AM

Re: Hats off.

Shame they don't turn up at the Cenotaph and other places on remembrance day and take the knee for all those killed in the last two wars. Seem it is all white faces in the main at these events when history matters.
Just watched the three-part "Dambusters" on TV, young pilots 21/23 years of age training to do the utterly impossible and knowing they are almost certainly going to their deaths. What hope our pampered footballers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by DaveyJ ->
Shame they don't turn up at the Cenotaph and other places on remembrance day and take the knee for all those killed in the last two wars. Seem it is all white faces in the main at these events when history matters.
Just watched the three-part "Dambusters" on TV, young pilots 21/23 years of age training to do the utterly impossible and knowing they are almost certainly going to their deaths. What hope our pampered footballers.
You don't know that they won't be the first to sign up if a war did come.

At least some efforts are being made to overcome divisions.

Wallabies players have sung the Australian national anthem in both Eora language and English ahead of the Tri Nations Test against Argentina at the Western Sydney Stadium yesterday.

Wiradjuri woman Olivia Fox, from the Newtown Performing Arts School, led the rendition in Eora language.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hats off to all those who booed the footballers taking the knee, I wish I could have been there to join in the booing.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55168557

Derby boss Wayne Rooney said it was "disappointing and upsetting" to hear some Millwall fans boo players taking a knee at the start of Saturday's Championship match.

Taking the knee for?

Something to do with racial injustice, or have I read that wrong?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:20 PM

Yes Bruce I watched the match. It made me feel very proud to see and hear the new anthem. Similar to New Zealand and Seth Efrika in their native languages for the first verse. Pity the match ended in yet another draw. That's three in the series now. The Pumas are a damned good team I have to say.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Taking the knee for?

Something to do with racial injustice, or have I read that wrong?
You don't demand respect Pauline as these people are doing, bowing down is a sign of weakness, and taking the knee is attached to something altogether more sinister. it seems that playing the victim is quite fashionable these days.
This is not the way to combat racism.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You don't know that they won't be the first to sign up if a war did come.

At least some efforts are being made to overcome divisions.

Wallabies players have sung the Australian national anthem in both Eora language and English ahead of the Tri Nations Test against Argentina at the Western Sydney Stadium yesterday.

Wiradjuri woman Olivia Fox, from the Newtown Performing Arts School, led the rendition in Eora language.
I have the greatest of respect for people of colour and indigenous people from every country Bruce, and many of them fought alongside the allies during the wars, but the people instigating the 'taking the knee' are not those people Bruce, they are trouble causers of the highest order and using 'Racism' as an excuse to cause a rift and anarchy in society everywhere. If only people could open their eyes and see what they really stand for.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-12-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A common sense spot on post. Ignoring them the response that will frustrate them.
The trouble is Cinders, some quite intelligent people have been suckered in and don't realise who and what they are bowing down to. Keir Starmer is a fine example, although I don't really consider him in the 'Quite intelligent' group...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:48 PM

Hats off to all those who booed the footballers taking the knee, I wish I could have been there to join in the booing.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55168557

Derby boss Wayne Rooney said it was "disappointing and upsetting" to hear some Millwall fans boo players taking a knee at the start of Saturday's Championship match.
I have the greatest of respect for people of colour and indigenous people from every country Bruce, and many of them fought alongside the allies during the wars, but the people instigating the 'taking the knee' are not those people Bruce, they are trouble causers of the highest order and using 'Racism' as an excuse to cause a rift and anarchy in society everywhere. If only people could open their eyes and see what they really stand for.
I agree with this.

We were doing just fine here in the UK before we imported BLM.
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes Bruce I watched the match. It made me feel very proud to see and hear the new anthem. Similar to New Zealand and Seth Efrika in their native languages for the first verse. Pity the match ended in yet another draw. That's three in the series now. The Pumas are a damned good team I have to say.
Generous of the interlopers to allow the indigenous one verse.

Sort of confirms what we can look forward to in the UK.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 01:09 PM

You don't demand respect Pauline as these people are doing, bowing down is a sign of weakness, and taking the knee is attached to something altogether more sinister. it seems that playing the victim is quite fashionable these days.
This is not the way to combat racism.

Can you show me where they are demanding respect?

Not trying to be awkward just generally interested......

B L M of course they do......as well as W L M.....a shame we can’t experience what it is like to be black in this country.....as well as being white.....

All lives matter!......

Bowing down for what you believe in, is not a sign of weakness I M O.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top