Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 26,814
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 08:21 PM
11

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I've never heard of any of this kind of behavior going on over there. Is it a lifestyle? How do they get their kids educated if they are on the move? What are the laws about them parking of staying in one place? I did see Roma in Moscow - one young fellow defecting in the median of the road, and the rest seemingly living under a highway overpass, but the police seemed to keep them moving. The only thing I was told was that they like to create a distraction of swarm you while on for two pickpocket.

And I'm terrified to ask, but what are they doing with people's pets?
The Pikeys, or most of them, don't seem particularly concerned about their children's education. As long as they've taught them their own ways, such as thieving and conning old people into having unnecessary work done -badly, or not at all - on their property, that's all they're interested in.

As for moving them on, I'm afraid our police are afraid of them, partly because they are heavily undermanned these days and also because our judiciary seem (for some strange reason) to tolerate crime these days.

Yes, most of them are criminals in one form or another.

As for pets, I don't know for certain but I have heard of dogs being stolen for the purpose of making them fight each other. Some sort of game or 'sport' they seem to engage in.

As I've said before, there are two types of 'travellers' in the UK. Traditional Gypsies and other similar people have good standards and do not engage in criminal activities. The others, well... they are always engaged in some sort of trouble, at the very least trespassing on public property and leaving behind them rubbish, damage, faeces and worse, which our local councils (and indirectly us) end up having to pay for.
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is online now
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 27,830
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 08:29 PM
12

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I've never heard of any of this kind of behavior going on over there. Is it a lifestyle? How do they get their kids educated if they are on the move? What are the laws about them parking of staying in one place? I did see Roma in Moscow - one young fellow defecting in the median of the road, and the rest seemingly living under a highway overpass, but the police seemed to keep them moving. The only thing I was told was that they like to create a distraction of swarm you while on for two pickpocket.

And I'm terrified to ask, but what are they doing with people's pets?
Surfermom these are a horrible bunch of people who steal and intimidate .
The are a law entirely to themselves and the police are frightened of them .

They claim they are an ethnic minority .

They are not , they are in the main illiterate Caucasians who quite literally do exactly what they want with impunity .

They get away with murder .
See thread on - disgusting abuse of law
Three of these scum have just murdered a young policeman in a dreadful way.

They laughed and sneered throughout their trial and all their unspeakable family members were in court with intent to intimidate the jurors and insult the bereaved family.

The case has causeD outrage in the UK .
But what to do .

Our country is broken and well on the way to anarchy .
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41,800
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 08:32 PM
13

Re: Travellers

EZ, I do understand, because I am the same as you in the way that I would worry about my dogs, especially as my breed is what they would mate with their Greyhounds/Whippets to make more Lurchers for poaching.
Dog theft is experiencing record highs at the mo too.

Try not to get too anxious or act in haste though.
Better to try and stay calm but vigilant, as we don't always think straight when we are upset.
Keep the dogs with you at all times for the next few days, especially when you let them out out for their bedtime wee last thing.

With a bit of luck, these people will be moved on soon.
Meantime, please don't take risks, Joan and the pooches need you.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 26,814
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 08:56 PM
14

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I've never heard of any of this kind of behavior going on over there.
Yes. As you have seen from the last few comments, Pikeys are quite a problem over here.

Of course, you don't come across them in America. They invariably come over from Ireland in the summer to do their dirty work, and crossing the Atlantic would be quite another matter.

A further disincentive, of course, is that your police wouldn't stand for them.
They'd shoot the buggers, and good for them!
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is online now
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 38,028
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 09:07 PM
15

Re: Travellers

Just had a pile of 'em pull up opposite our house waiting for their take away. the big fat driver had no shoes or socks on and he politely chucked his rubbish in the road before driving off.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is online now
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 38,028
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 09:09 PM
16

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The Pikeys, or most of them, don't seem particularly concerned about their children's education. As long as they've taught them their own ways, such as thieving and conning old people into having unnecessary work done -badly, or not at all - on their property, that's all they're interested in.

As for moving them on, I'm afraid our police are afraid of them, partly because they are heavily undermanned these days and also because our judiciary seem (for some strange reason) to tolerate crime these days.

Yes, most of them are criminals in one form or another.

As for pets, I don't know for certain but I have heard of dogs being stolen for the purpose of making them fight each other. Some sort of game or 'sport' they seem to engage in.

As I've said before, there are two types of 'travellers' in the UK. Traditional Gypsies and other similar people have good standards and do not engage in criminal activities. The others, well... they are always engaged in some sort of trouble, at the very least trespassing on public property and leaving behind them rubbish, damage, faeces and worse, which our local councils (and indirectly us) end up having to pay for.


A friend of mine had a young pikey ask him if he wanted to sell his dog.
Reply With Quote
marciniak
Senior Member
marciniak is offline
wales uk
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 408
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 09:41 PM
17

Re: Travellers

Sorry for just going off topic, but do read this.

I know this area, and no one know who the culprits are

If you look behind them that the Council Gypsy site


https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rocks-18680453
Reply With Quote
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is online now
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,313
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 09:45 PM
18

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Sorry for just going off topic, but do read this.

I know this area, and no one know who the culprits are

If you look behind them that the Council Gypsy site


https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...rocks-18680453
Down to a complete failure of imagination and empathy somewhere in their upbringing.
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
The Artful Todger is online now
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 6,766
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 09:59 PM
19

Re: Travellers

Ok, i know I probably shouldn't laugh - but it did make me giggle!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-party.html
Reply With Quote
Tachyon's Avatar
Tachyon
Senior Member
Tachyon is offline
Internet Citizen :)
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,345
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-07-2020, 10:14 PM
20

Re: Travellers

Hire some muckspreaders and spread it around them daily. That'll shift them. It'll be worth it in the long run.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.