Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:15 PM

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Ok, i know I probably shouldn't laugh - but it did make me giggle!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-party.html
It doesn't say, of course, but can I assume this was a Pikey camp?

I think all decent people should avoid Pikeys at all costs, as they seem to be effectively above the law.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:19 PM

It had me at 'Rosie Trumpet'
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:20 PM

To much sugar
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The Pikeys, or most of them, don't seem particularly concerned about their children's education. As long as they've taught them their own ways, such as thieving and conning old people into having unnecessary work done -badly, or not at all - on their property, that's all they're interested in.

As for moving them on, I'm afraid our police are afraid of them, partly because they are heavily undermanned these days and also because our judiciary seem (for some strange reason) to tolerate crime these days.

Yes, most of them are criminals in one form or another.

As for pets, I don't know for certain but I have heard of dogs being stolen for the purpose of making them fight each other. Some sort of game or 'sport' they seem to engage in.

As I've said before, there are two types of 'travellers' in the UK. Traditional Gypsies and other similar people have good standards and do not engage in criminal activities. The others, well... they are always engaged in some sort of trouble, at the very least trespassing on public property and leaving behind them rubbish, damage, faeces and worse, which our local councils (and indirectly us) end up having to pay for.

Yes, same as the illegal 'Cock fighting.'

I would have thought most domestic pet dogs wouldn't make good 'fighting dogs' because they wouldn't have had the life and cruel training required.
Nevertheless, they would then be used as 'Bait dogs' instead. In other words, used as bait to train the fighters to kill.
Evil beyond words.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:31 PM

It's the fact that the mother wanted her £80 deposit back that gets me
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, same as the illegal 'Cock fighting.'

I would have thought most domestic pet dogs wouldn't make good 'fighting dogs' because they wouldn't have had the life and cruel training required.
Nevertheless, they would then be used as 'Bait dogs' instead. In other words, used as bait to train the fighters to kill.
Evil beyond words.
I was afraid of that, Mups. There should be a fast lane to the grave for such subhumans.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I was afraid of that, Mups. There should be a fast lane to the grave for such subhumans.
They do it simply because there is no meaningful punishment for crime in this country.
The UK is becoming a criminals' paradise these days.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 05:16 PM

We have an official Gypsy site a couple of miles away. They have been residing there for years and are absolutely no problem at all. But these 'travellers' are vile. They turned up here one evening on a Friday last summer when they knew the Council had left for the weekend and parked about a dozen caravans on our local Cricket pitch.
Of course, on the Monday the Council went through the normal court removal procedure, but by the time they had departed, the mounds of rubbish and filth they left and the Council having to clean up the once beautiful shrubbery surrounding the cricket pitch (which they simply used as an open toilet) the bill ran into thousands of pounds. They completely destroyed the pitch. It was heartbreaking to see the damage they had caused.

I will be glad when we leave the EU so we no longer have to put up with the ridiculous rules and regulations we have to adhere to with regard to this pond life!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
And I'm terrified to ask, but what are they doing with people's pets?
a) Selling them on to gullible people looking for a dog on the cheap.

b) Eating them

c) Killing and using the fur for clothing (That's mainly in China 'tho)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
because our judiciary seem (for some strange reason) to tolerate crime these days.
JBR - It's not really 'some strange rason'

All the judiciary, especially our judges, have a very lucrative lifestyle, salaries in £150K region, chauffeur limosines, private accomodation when away from home (No Premiere Inns for them )

If crime went down (Which it would if proper sentancing was applied) then the judges and all the other 'hangers on' would have NO JOB so of course they do everything they can to avoid this.

If that means handing down pathetic sentances then so be it.

Don't ever think that being a judge makes you an honourable person

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top