Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:45 PM

Re: snail Mail

Amazon Ordered and delivered in 2 days. Royal Mail ordered days earlier still waiting 5 days later with no indication of when or if the large first class letter (Ha Ha) will arrive. They have already accepted it and damn well keeping it. Yes I am really annoyed at such a extremely poor service

Facts speak for themselves . No doubt like so many times before will get delivered to the wrong address and neighbours have to do the job for them.

SORRY BUT ROYAL MAIL MUST GO AND THE MORONS WITH THEM
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Amazon Ordered and delivered in 2 days. Royal Mail ordered days earlier still waiting 5 days later with no indication of when or if the larrge first class (Ha Ha) will arrive.

Facts speak for themselves . No doubt like so many times before will get delivered to the wrong address and neighbours have to do the job for them.

SORRY BUT ROYAL MAIL MUST GO AND THE MORONS WITH THEM
Oh dear Realspeed, you really should calm down. This has happened more than once to you, be patient - especially at a time like this when these workers are doing their very best to get through the back log of orders these past few months when they have been short staffed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:54 PM

Hi

They were fined earlier this month for late deliveries.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...charging-ofcom
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear Realspeed, you really should calm down. This has happened more than once to you, be patient - especially at a time like this when these workers are doing their very best to get through the back log of orders these past few months when they have been short staffed.
Mags
If Amazon can do it why can't Royal Mail? there is no excuse for poor service. Delays like this could loose a vital contract putting more people out of work

When we had our own business the customer came first-second and third before anything else. If not we would have gone under without a trace
We took over with only 350 clients on the books and left with 5500 clients on the books and a very healthy 6 figure turnover. This was down to giving good service each and every time, something Royal Mail are incapable of

There are thousands of people who would love to have the job so give it to them and kick out the dead wood

I hate to think of the number of postmen during the 6 years we have been here, seems to be a different one every 2 months
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have just had a 'phone call from a friend who has received a package today that I only posted 9:45am yestermorn, Realspeed, so it does sometimes work!

If it were privatised the costs might become even more extortionate than they are already.

Inevitable, Tabs.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 12:24 AM

I can't speak about Royal Mail but I think Australia Post is a wonderful service. $1.10 (55p) to send a letter up to 250gms anywhere on the continent? (60c (30p) if you are a pensioner) sounds good value to me. So what if it takes a few days? if it was urgent use the phone or email.

Great service and they make a good profit out of packages too.

PS I was a Royal Mail postman in London SW1 in the early 70s, well paid and I quite enjoyed it as a job.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

30-07-2020, 01:11 AM

Bruce mine has an item in it that I ordered and being sent in a large letter
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've never had a problem with Royal Mail about anything, I've always had good service from them be it with parcels or letters and they have always been polite.

No complaints from me.
Snap. We see our postie virtually every day except Sunday. She even parks her van outside our communal front door.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 11:35 AM

Australia Post delivered a postcard today

Fortunately I have PO Box. and I still think it excellent value for a letter to be delivered anywhere on this continent for the equivalent of 30p or 55p for the common folk. I wonder if it will be permanent once the pandemic is over?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200825 ScanImage02.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	13596  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Inevitable, Tabs.
The Royal Mail has been privatised. It's now a plc, share price around £1.80 AFAIK.

Major shareholder now is a Czech guy - Daniel Kretinsky. I believe that the shares are overvalued and wouldn't be surprised if it splits under Kretinsky's influence.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top