Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:22 PM

Re: How do you take being told off?

Me? It's like ducks water off my back!

If being snarled at I resort to Russian.

Especially if it's by one of the BLM shower.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I follow the rules so I don't get told off..I'm the one who does the telling off...One advantage of being an old fart
Oh come on, I'm sure you're not old!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:31 PM

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Where my local Co-Op is, just inside the door on the left is the refrigeration isle for the milk BUT due to the way the one way system was done, customers have to walk around to the right meaning it's a longer walk just for the sake of a few yards to get milk which is what i was after.

Just as I entered the isle a customer entered from the other direction and promptly complained that I had ignored the one way system. I grabbed the milk and as i left the isle I noticed the customer stopped and decided to browse a food isle that was opposite. His actions meant I ignored his protests BUT I have not done it since and have always observed the one way system, even when the shop appears empty.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:34 PM

In Tesco I often ignore the right way to walk around as I often forget something & have to go back for it. No one has ever told me off. They don't even tell off unruly children who still treat the shop like a playground, but I do.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 06:40 PM

The Tesco near us has now abandoned the one way system, but I think it was sensible at the height of the pandemic, and will probably be brought in again if there is a spike in the virus. Having said that I must admit the one way system was rather hard to obey.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:49 PM

A customer told me that she had been shouted at in Tescos for going back against the direction. She vowed never to go back there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:55 PM

It depends if the telling off is justified and the degree of error made. If you broke something in the final stage of construction which cost a lot of money, then a good b*ll*cking is well deserved.
On the other hand maybe through misunderstanding gentle polite guidance is correct.

Seems to me proper staff training is at fault in the above cases and this is down to management not capable of doing their job properly.
This again is down to employing university people instead of those who started at the bottom and worked their way up to the top
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:36 PM

Same here if its justified thats OK as long as the person doing the telling off isn't nasty or a jobsworth with me.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 07:37 PM

I'm in need of a good spanking
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-07-2020, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm in need of a good spanking
Do you realise that would set you back around a monkey down Soho these days? Seriously!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top