Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 11:05 PM

Re: Could You Be A Traffic Warden?

I couldn"t TBHB, as I believe they re total *jobsworths*, love every minute.
Total Sh--tes
Fairly useless ,so love the power they are given .
IMO
lol,lol
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Total Sh--tes
Fairly useless ,so love tthe power they are given .
IMO
lol,lol
They do a good and essential job. They do not decide on where parking must be restricted, they are employed to enforce that parking restriction.

No point in arguing with them, they are just doing the job they are employed to do. I've picked up a few tickets from over the years but always take the view that it's been my fault and that I've been found out.

(Still pissed me off though but with myself!)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Not a job I would do but if I did I would have to look at it as a public service rather than as you said prowling the streets for my next victim.

Actually Im ashamed to say I once had a terrible row with a Traffic Warden in Leeds.... I had been shopping and got back to my car about five minutes later than the time on the ticket .... it was a female attendant and I just saw red that she had no empathy..... I was a young mother rushing to make it to school to pick up my son whilst at the same time struggling trying to fold the push chair keep hold of my little daughter and argue with her all at the same time..... I got the ticket and she got a right mouthful.... I still cringe at the thought of it
I wouldn't feel guilty about it Summer. I just hope you got your money's worth.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Never seen one in our village or a car park attendant
Have you never been out of your village?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-01-2020, 11:38 AM

I think it takes a certain type of person to go around inflicting misery on people for money, whether it's a traffic warden or a bailiff. I appreciate that sometimes wardens are needed in theory but let's be honest, whenever there's a real problem, they are nowhere to be seen. They simply prey on the easy targets to get their quota of tickets. They are normally little Hitlers and lack empathy with their fellow man. They enjoy the 'power'.

To coin an old OFF phrase.... 'Scumbags' the lot of 'em'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Yes, I'd do the job.
However, I should certainly differentiate between say, overstaying in a limited time parking area, and such things as obstructing traffic flow which, though personal experience, I have seen can cause not only inconvenience but also the possibility of dangerous situations.

If it were a situation where the local council were losing money by motorists parking for too long in a location or even parking without paying, I'd no doubt turn a blind eye. Neither would I be driven by the incentive of bonuses for the number of prosecutions.

On the other hand, I have seen numerous examples of selfish BMW drivers and the like who think that they are above the law parking outside a shop, for example, and causing other motorists to pull out into opposing traffic streams to get past. These are people who think only of themselves and sod everyone else. That gets my goat and I'd enjoy slapping a ticket on their windscreen and then giving a little smile when they come back and try to insult me!

So, it's just a matter of practicalities rather than bureaucracy.

One other thing that annoys me is when selfish and unthinking motorists cannot accept their being at fault and threaten and even physically attack traffic wardens. I find it amusing that if the it had been a policeman. the 'brave' motorist would have just slunk off muttering to themselves.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Total Sh--tes
Fairly useless ,so love the power they are given .
IMO
lol,lol
I think people to flout the parking regulations are total sh1tes.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 02:16 PM

We have a primary/junior school just along the road from us and, come 30-45mins before home time, parents start parking on the double yellows (and the zig-zag lines for the crossing) that line both sides of our rather narrow road. I do wish a parking attendant would put in an appearance then just to see the panic on the parents' faces.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We have a primary/junior school just along the road from us and, come 30-45mins before home time, parents start parking on the double yellows (and the zig-zag lines for the crossing) that line both sides of our rather narrow road. I do wish a parking attendant would put in an appearance then just to see the panic on the parents' faces.
But there those here who would blame the parking attendant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yes. It's a shame that such ridiculously irresponsible parking is not dealt with far more severely.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top