Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 11:43 AM

Re: from old to new front kennel entrance

Off-topic me thinks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 02:58 PM

Agreed RS, forget the skip, you should have sold the good bricks as reclaimers, if it was me, I would have demolished the old wall my self, and palletized the good bricks for resale, and buried the knackered ones somewhere on that extensive plot, and saved a couple of hundred quid on the skip.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Paul
You have no idea how hard it was to get builders in to do the job. I was quoted up to £15,000 believe it or not (including new wrought iron gates.) that was from 3 different firms all quoting about the same.

Fortunately one of my clients did it for cost and he was a builder. They were only to pleased with how we looked after his dog so did us a favour
What a very nice outcome. Will there be a lot of upkeep?

We are having the same issues here finding tradesmen. I just received a $23,000 US estimate to paint the interior of the house. I've already found my paint clothes and have decided to pay myself instead .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What a very nice outcome. Will there be a lot of upkeep?

We are having the same issues here finding tradesmen. I just received a $23,000 US estimate to paint the interior of the house. I've already found my paint clothes and have decided to pay myself instead .
$23,000

Do you live in the White House?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 06:19 PM

Surfermom

we sold the place 5 years ago and moved to the South Coast of Emgland.

Spittie

no time to play around with salvaging bricks or burying them. It was still open for business and the animals came first
LilyCat
Cheshire
LilyCat is female  LilyCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 12:23 AM

That looks amazing!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Surfermom

we sold the place 5 years ago and moved to the South Coast of Emgland.

Spittie

no time to play around with salvaging bricks or burying them. It was still open for business and the animals came first

It can be very therapeutic, dressing bricks, one down side though is, the thinking time afforded could lead on to the realisation one is a "chip off the Old Block".

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top