Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 06:41 AM

Re: Llangollen Canal- canal Barge 120 up, in the air!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It looks only wide enough for one boat at a time - what happens when you want to come back?
Hi

easy, you walk back across.

You also have the option of coming back across after the turning circle.

I fish it below in winter
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 07:52 AM

Thank you, Swimmy, the views are spectacular - would love to cross it in a boat.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you, Swimmy, the views are spectacular - would love to cross it in a boat.
Hi

As it is you, I will arrange it.

It will not be me, it will be Andy.

Much younger and better looking.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 09:23 AM

LOL - thank you!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:28 AM

Lovely to see from a distance not sure I would want to cross it myself...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

22-09-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lovely to see from a distance not sure I would want to cross it myself...
Not sure I could walk across on the tow path - especially if it was windy - but I would be fine on narrow boat.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 01:49 PM

My late husband and I went for a short holiday on the Llangollen canal. He nearly had a fit when he saw the aquaduct (hated heights). So he steered the boat across - eyes fixed on the far horizon - while I took dozens of photos over the side! Talked to a lady when we were moored just before we returned the boat, who cycled across it (on the footpath) every day for work. On one memorable occasion she was blown off her bike into the canal. She lifted the bike out and then discovered that the aquaduct was just too deep for her to get out so she had to wade to the end and climb out where the bank was soft. What an experience!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
My late husband and I went for a short holiday on the Llangollen canal. He nearly had a fit when he saw the aquaduct (hated heights). So he steered the boat across - eyes fixed on the far horizon - while I took dozens of photos over the side! Talked to a lady when we were moored just before we returned the boat, who cycled across it (on the footpath) every day for work. On one memorable occasion she was blown off her bike into the canal. She lifted the bike out and then discovered that the aquaduct was just too deep for her to get out so she had to wade to the end and climb out where the bank was soft. What an experience!
Sounds like she was lucky to be blown into the canal and not over the side. Bet the experience was very frightening.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Wow! I am suprised she survived that. How scary. It just goes to show that my fear of heights is not unjustified.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Wow! I am suprised she survived that. How scary. It just goes to show that my fear of heights is not unjustified.
My Daughtered wondered how many people fell off the top.

Looking it up, on he mobile, as usual, she found that there are quite a lot.

Not all are accidental, some are because of stupid pranks.

Apparently one was a young lad who climbed to the other side of the rail, with his camera, as a prank. The rail broke and down he went. A payout was denied.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top