Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:24 PM

Re: Could You Be A Traffic Warden?

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Art , traffic wardens never operate in the area in which they reside precisely so that they’re not recognised but no I couldn’t be one .
They’re probably told to ignore abuse .
Zuleika, I didn’t know that they didn’t reside locally. Imagine, all the streets they have learn and remember.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I could be a parking enforcement officer without a moments hesitation.

It is an essential job and when it comes to being abused by anyone - it would be like ducks water off my back. (?).

The day that I EVER worry about what ANYONE thinks about me is the day I need to start worrying.
TAT, l like how you promoted yourself there. Isn’t the title ‘Traffic Warden’ grand enough for you?

Wouldn’t you feel bad if you gave a parking ticket to your family? Or, your friends saw you as a swearword?
I bet once you got the peaked cap on, you would go all jobsworth and stroke your chin in glee!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, I didn’t know that they didn’t reside locally. Imagine, all the streets they have learn and remember.
I don’t drive but one I got talking to about something else told me that bit of info .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:46 PM

Better than being unemployed......
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:56 PM

TAT, l like how you promoted yourself there. Isn’t the title ‘Traffic Warden’ grand enough for you?

Wouldn’t you feel bad if you gave a parking ticket to your family? Or, your friends saw you as a swearword?
I bet once you got the peaked cap on, you would go all jobsworth and stroked your chin in glee!
Nothing to do with self promotion and everything to do with the range of things that they have to of which parking enforcement is only one.

As for being sworn at, I've been sworn at ever since I can remember so totally impervious to that and if my family broke the law then that would make no odds to me.

Being a jobsworth - no, just diligent and focused. If a person is paid to do a job then they should do what they're paid to do.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2020, 06:59 PM

Nothing to do with self promotion and everything to do with the range of things that they have to of which parking enforcement is only one.

As for being sworn at, I've been sworn at ever since I can remember so totally impervious to that and if my family broke the law then that would make no odds to me.

Being a jobsworth - no, just diligent and focused. If a person is paid to do a job then they should do what they're paid to do.
So...have you ever considered being a Hitman?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 09:35 PM

So...have you ever considered being a Hitman?
Believe it or not, yes. It was a thing that I seriously considered for a while as an undergrad way back in the day.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 09:54 PM

Ted, No there would be no problem but you have to admit some are overzealous. Even a minute over and they are licking the tip of their pencil, camera at the ready whilst circling the vehicle.

All the girls like a man in a uniform!
Er ... No!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 10:09 PM

It is an essential job and when it comes to being abused by anyone - it would be like ducks water off my back. (?).

The day that I EVER worry about what ANYONE thinks about me is the day I need to start worrying.
Does that include your family?..JUst curious. And no I would rather be a street sweeper than a parking cop.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 11:03 PM

Well there you go Good luck. lol,lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top