Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:06 PM

Could You Be A Traffic Warden?

I was in town yesterday and whilst walking back to my car, l came towards a traffic warden who had just slapped a ticket on a car.
He looked at me sheepishly, did he wonder if it was my car and what would be my reaction? It wasn’t my car and l passed him by thinking about how the driver would feel when he got back to his car.
The car directly behind had a ticket on it too!

I got to my car and drove off and at the top of the town l noticed two traffic wardens. They were walking along together smiling, hands swinging by their sides, like they’d had a bumper day!
It went through my mind, what sort of person could be a Traffic Warden and look so happy! I wondered if l was so desperate and had no money, could l don that uniform and prowl the streets looking for my next victim? I wondered if l would become ruthless and show no mercy?

I thought if l had to do the job, l’d have to have my hair cropped to my scalp, dye it jet black and wear no make up. I wouldn’t want anyone l know, to recognise me!
It’s funny how you see a situation and your imagination runs wild!

So l ask, could you be a Traffic Warden! Would you admit you were one? Would you change your appearance and keep your job a secret?
Would you be a nice one or a ruthless one?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:21 PM

Re: Could You Be A Traffic Warden?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was in town yesterday and whilst walking back to my car, l came towards a traffic warden who had just slapped a ticket on a car.
He looked at me sheepishly, did he wonder if it was my car and what would be my reaction? It wasn’t my car and l passed him by thinking about how the driver would feel when he got back to his car.
The car directly behind had a ticket on it too!

I got to my car and drove off and at the top of the town l noticed two traffic wardens. They were walking along together smiling, hands swinging by their sides, like they’d had a bumper day!
It went through my mind, what sort of person could be a Traffic Warden and look so happy! I wondered if l was so desperate and had no money, could l don that uniform and prowl the streets looking for my next victim? I wondered if l would become ruthless and show no mercy?

I thought if l had to do the job, l’d have to have my hair cropped to my scalp, dye it jet black and wear no make up. I wouldn’t want anyone l know, to recognise me!
It’s funny how you see a situation and your imagination runs wild!

So l ask, could you be a Traffic Warden! Would you admit you were one? Would you change your appearance and keep your job a secret?
Never seen one in our village or a car park attendant
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:35 PM

I'm afraid not Art. I know someone has to do the job, but I just wouldn't be able to cope with the constant abuse and threats of violence that they face every day. Besides, I doubt if I would keep such a job for long anyway as I am too much of a sucker for hard-luck excuses, One plea for clemency from a driver and I would be letting them go without a ticket.

HWMO reckons most traffic wardens are wimps who relish the tiny bit of power they hold over other people. Mind you, he would say that after getting a parking ticket years ago.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:58 PM

Not a job I would do but if I did I would have to look at it as a public service rather than as you said prowling the streets for my next victim.

Actually Im ashamed to say I once had a terrible row with a Traffic Warden in Leeds.... I had been shopping and got back to my car about five minutes later than the time on the ticket .... it was a female attendant and I just saw red that she had no empathy..... I was a young mother rushing to make it to school to pick up my son whilst at the same time struggling trying to fold the push chair keep hold of my little daughter and argue with her all at the same time..... I got the ticket and she got a right mouthful.... I still cringe at the thought of it
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Art , traffic wardens never operate in the area in which they reside precisely so that they’re not recognised but no I couldn’t be one .
They’re probably told to ignore abuse .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 01:23 PM

Don't think my Blood Pressure could handle a job like that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 01:41 PM

It sounds corny, but there would be no problems, with the wardens, if we didn't break the rules.

There has to be a set of rules and, if there is, we should stick to them.

I've had tickets for overstaying my paid time, for parking in the wrong places, etc.

Sometimes, it is necessary if, for example you must get your kids out of school, etc.

I accept that and also accept that it may well cost me 65 quid for doing what I need to do.

(Switches off "Holier Than Thow mode")

Would I take the job?

Yes - would love it!

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 03:52 PM

I could be a parking enforcement officer without a moments hesitation.

It is an essential job and when it comes to being abused by anyone - it would be like ducks water off my back. (?).

The day that I EVER worry about what ANYONE thinks about me is the day I need to start worrying.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A stick-on Hitler mustache, perhaps.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It sounds corny, but there would be no problems, with the wardens, if we didn't break the rules.

There has to be a set of rules and, if there is, we should stick to them.

I've had tickets for overstaying my paid time, for parking in the wrong places, etc.

Sometimes, it is necessary if, for example you must get your kids out of school, etc.

I accept that and also accept that it may well cost me 65 quid for doing what I need to do.

(Switches off "Holier Than Thow mode")

Would I take the job?

Yes - would love it!

Ted, No there would be no problem but you have to admit some are overzealous. Even a minute over and they are licking the tip of their pencil, camera at the ready whilst circling the vehicle.

All the girls like a man in a uniform!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top