Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 06:50 PM

Re: So Old That All My Favorites are Disappearing

It’s how we eventually, sometimes begrudgingly, accept the changes and then forget how we used to do things.
For ages, l wouldn’t change to having a duvet. I liked tuck-in sheets, blankets and eiderdown. For ages, l wouldn’t change to teabags as l preferred tea leaves.
Eventually, you start to feel like a dinosaur, give in and follow the masses..... mainly because some of the things you liked become obsolete.
It makes me wonder if we are all programmable robots?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:21 PM

I'm still a top sheet, bottom sheet person and the duvet-without-a-top-sheet is still unusual here. January is the month of linen sales here so come on over and I'll take you shopping Art!

Most definitely we are creatures of self-programmed habits! I think that my missing chai is as much about having to change my routine as it is missing the flavors.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
PG Tips tea bags are recyclable. They no longer use plastic in theirs.
Thanks for the update Tiffany
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:23 PM

I hated blankets & sheets on the bed. Duvet sets & fitted sheets are a brilliant invention.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thanks for the update Tiffany
I looked at the box mine are in, Percy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:29 PM

I'm also a top sheet, bottom sheet person and have found stores now stock more fitted sheets than top sheets so it's difficult to find what I'm looking for ..... what happened to the buying sheets together in pairs era?

I find I am always having to take an extra top sheet on holidays now as they never supply those.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:36 PM

Most of our sheets are sold in sets, Mags, with many stores no long carrying the individual sheets.

Book your airline tickets with Artangel and we'll add lunch to all that shopping.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Most of our sheets are sold in sets, Mags, with many stores no long carrying the individual sheets.

Book your airline tickets with Artangel and we'll add lunch to all that shopping.
That sounds good to me, Surfermom.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That sounds good to me, Surfermom.
Surfermom, l've got my suitcase packed and ready to go.
Mags, l bagsy sitting by the window! If we sit at the back of the plane, we’ll get a longer ride!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

16-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, l've got my suitcase packed and ready to go.
Mags, l bagsy sitting by the window! If we sit at the back of the plane, we’ll get a longer ride!
That means you’ll have the window seat for approx 8 hours, Art ....... and I don’t want to sit at the back by the loos!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top