Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 04:43 PM

Running a catalogue

I have run a Littlewoods catalogue for quite a few years now. I find them superb with very fast delivery times. Stuff arrives at my door and if I don't want it after viewing they get picked up at the same place, so no traipsing to the Post Office or anything. I also get 8% off I think it is.

I hadn't ordered for a while. To be honest I only ever really order running shoes so there are big gaps between orders, but when I do order I normally buy a few pairs. Last month I ordered 2 pairs of £47 trainers using a £20 off voucher they had sent me. Nice saving and of course I get stuff at reduced prices anyway. I normally wait till they are getting rid of old stock so the shoes end up a lot cheaper. Blow me just received another voucher from them for £30 off an order over £60! Can't go wrong .

If you are thinking of running your own catalogue then consider Littlewoods as they are really good.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Re: Running a catalogue

Yes I usually wait till they give me an offer too - catalogues are very handy - unfortunately, a lot of companies have stopped doing them and you have to go online to have a look at things. Prefer the catalogue .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 05:12 PM

Never really been into catalogues, either make my own clothes or buy second hand. But used to quite like looking through the Joe Brown catalogue for clothing ideas which I would copy shamelessly for a fraction of the price
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 05:16 PM

I've used them since moving here as choice is very limited on the Island and geared mainly towards the young. There seems to be a trend in our shops that you are young and with it or old and need to only wear sackcloth! It became that handy to shop that way (even with M&S) it's now more practical to shop online with no traipsing around the shops (I hate, loath and detest shopping) plus if you buy something, you have all your accessories to hand
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 05:42 PM

I had one of their catalogues for years, then I wanted to send back a camera, they wouldn't let me, even though I hadn't taken the wrapping off, also I had been paying ppi which I shouldn't have, the CAB ended up having to sort it all out, I still had to keep the camera & pay for it!
Cotton Traders are the only one's I shop with now, good special offers! Comfy clothes.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 05:42 PM

It's been years since I saw a Littlewoods catalogue, might give them a 'look see'.
I'm with you Karen, well we both are , we hate shopping.
We do most of ours online.
I do agree, the shops are geared towards youngsters - old fogeys like us are really not catered for..apart from M&S who cater for all ages but don't sell cheap tee shirts, just for gardening.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I had one of their catalogues for years, then I wanted to send back a camera, they wouldn't let me, even though I hadn't taken the wrapping off, also I had been paying ppi which I shouldn't have, the CAB ended up having to sort it all out, I still had to keep the camera & pay for it!
Bloomin cheek !!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 05:47 PM

The ones I tend to use the most Janela are La Redoute (you'll get your cheap t-shirts in there and the quality isn't bad at all) and Fifty Plus. Debenhams are quite good and returns were easy (they have some good sale items as well). Never had a problem with shopping with M&S online either.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Had a bad experience with Littlewoods' customer services so I order from La Redoute and Next now, maybe no 8% off but they do have offers and sales quite regularly so they're not bad pricewise.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Redoute is my favourite too .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top