Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:00 AM

Clutter is wearying

Clutter makes you tired .
I have just returned from my sons house where I stayed in my little granddaughters room .
It is full of horrible pink clutter .
She has quite literally hundreds of toys most of it plastic rubbish .
Impossible to get a good nights sleep in such a tiring environment
In fact the entire house is filled from top to bottom with junk much of it expensive .
My poor son tries but his wife's mother is constantly buying more and more stuff for them .
It is impossible
Why do some people love clutter ?
This Christmas I have said I will not buy them any toys
I will buy them experiences ( ie riding / skating lessons )
But these offers go unheeded .
Things it would seem is what's wanted
So they might end up with Premium Bonds .
And they are not alone I went out shopping and the shops are full of expensive plastic tat and children are choosing what they want for Christmas .
Half the world is starving and we continue to fund China's growth by buying rubbish .
I find this flood of clutter and plastic rubbish tiring
It is an age thing?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:12 AM

Re: Clutter is wearying

I can't stand clutter, my house is very minimalist.
My motto is 'if in doubt throw it out' so if something isn't used regularly out it goes and this includes my dining room suite which went last year .

Quality over quantity is my choice living alone can please myself .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:13 AM

I am not sure I do know we decided to be ruthless and cleared the kitchen of any thing we didn't need or use and as the bags of rubbish left the flat I actually felt physically/mentally lighter
So much so we are going to sort out the cupboards in the living room next
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:17 AM

Ive just this minute said to OH that Im going to spend next Saturday cleaning out the loft..

I think theres quite a lot that could go to the charity shop..
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:32 AM

I live in a sort of organised chaos and I have to be careful not to collect too much clutter.

My parent's next door neighbour was a terrible person for accumulating junk. Over the years, every spare bit of space was used up and when he died, his widow asked my father & brother if they could organise to have the junk removed. My brother said that it took 5 skips to take everything away.

Saying that, I'm loading up the van to take all the stuff the council don't take away, to the tip. That's garden rubbish, thick cardboard, metal and glass.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:40 AM

I've got lots of useful stuff that most people will call clutter. To me it's something interesting waiting to be made!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:46 AM

I hate clutter but it doesn't seem to stop my cupboards and drawers getting full of it. Every few months I have a clear out, anything friends want they can have, the rest goes to the charity shop. However you can guarantee the minute I get rid of these things, I want them !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 01:02 PM

Muddy your idea of buying experiences or PBs is good, stick to your guns!!
I would only warn that my sister tried to buy Bonds for her grandsons and ended up having a blazing row with her daughter about it! Apparently you have to submit the birth certificate and the parent have to consent (or something like this...) And three times time ran out, they only give you a fixed amount of time to send the stuff, bit of a nightmare!

Why can't you simply go into a PO and buy the damned things for someone else without all this rigmarol?

Maybe buying Children's Bonds is easier?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 05:59 PM

I too hate clutter, but hubby does love buying things. Every now and again I start going through things, they make their way to the garage and then the next clear out in gone totally.

Hubby does so like ornaments, to me they are just dust gathers. We are all different I know.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 06:04 PM

We don't live with clutter except when I open a drawer !
Fed up with it so next week, a good clear out of drawers !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top