Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:52 PM

Re: The healthy eating challenge!

Breakfast - 1 x Banana, 10 x Cherries, 10 Grapes, and a small piece of cheese.

Luncheon - 2 x poached eggs on three slices of toast.

Tea - 2 x Hot Cross Buns.

Dinner - Homemade Hawaiian Pizza
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 10:09 PM

The problem I have got with healthy fat free, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free food is the fact that this morning for example I ran six miles and expended over 600 kcal...And that's before I start the rest of my day....Sunday's 8.2 mile run will have burned over 800 kcal.....I need five star fuel, and plenty of it...
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 11:09 PM

Fruit n Fibre with s/s milk for breakfast.
A shake for lunch (kale, almonds, hazelnuts, raspberries, blackberries, chia seeds, flax seeds, almond milk)
Ham and leek gratin (home made of course ) with steamed veg for dinner, followed by home made yoghurt and sugar free jelly.
Snacks: banana, pear, chocolate chip rice cake.

Not too shabby, eh? Just got to keep it up now....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The problem I have got with healthy fat free, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free food is the fact that this morning for example I ran six miles and expended over 600 kcal...And that's before I start the rest of my day....Sunday's 8.2 mile run will have burned over 800 kcal.....I need five star fuel, and plenty of it...
Blimey, reckon you're excused OGF.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Annie
I am an almost vegetarian ,I do eat meat occasionally.

The 5-2 (diet) was devised by Dr Michael Mosley but it is a lifestyle not a diet for me.
For 5 I days I eat what is normal for me (approx 1500 calories from healthy food I don't count every calorie ) then I eat less for 2 days.
It was originally supposed to be 800 calories for 2 days but I have about 1000 and the 2 days don't need to be together.

I don't really get cravings these days. I have been following this regime for almost 4 years . When I did I would eat some celery, a little carrot or tomato or a few almonds.
Eating healthily is no hardship for me, if I can't for some reason I crave my way of eating .

'Yummy stuff' for me is dried apricots and nuts. When I make cakes for the family I will have a little one but can live without it.
I might try that Meg it seems a good way to have a bit of a detox without the pain. I've been trying to eat fruit in between meals (or before I reach for the chocolate shelf!). Those little bags of cashew nuts are pretty good for a fix of something that hits the spot. I wonder if anyone sells cashew nuts dipped in chocolate.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
LQ, when you guys (UK residents) say tea, do you mean dinner/supper?
haha that's a politically loaded question!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:25 AM

It is a loaded question...Minx in my part of Yorkshire tea is what you would call dinner....but it changes from region to region. You would be posh to call your tea dinner where I come from
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

19-03-2021, 10:13 AM

At school we had dinner ladies, not lunch ladies. It's probably dinner persons these days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Annie
I am an almost vegetarian ,I do eat meat occasionally.

The 5-2 (diet) was devised by Dr Michael Mosley but it is a lifestyle not a diet for me.
For 5 I days I eat what is normal for me (approx 1500 calories from healthy food I don't count every calorie ) then I eat less for 2 days.
It was originally supposed to be 800 calories for 2 days but I have about 1000 and the 2 days don't need to be together.

I don't really get cravings these days. I have been following this regime for almost 4 years . When I did I would eat some celery, a little carrot or tomato or a few almonds.
Eating healthily is no hardship for me, if I can't for some reason I crave my way of eating .

'Yummy stuff' for me is dried apricots and nuts. When I make cakes for the family I will have a little one but can live without it.

I like him Meg, and have 2 books about this diet. One explains the theory of it and is very interesting, and the other one is 5:2 recipe suggestions.

If I stick to it, it works. I found I soon got used to the 'fast days.' which I used to have on Mondays and Fridays, then enjoy myself weekends.

They actually say 500 cals for the fast days, but the nearest I managed was 600-and-something.

I had started this again a couple of months ago, but then I was poorly so it all got abandoned. You have made me think about getting back to it now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Blimey, reckon you're excused OGF.
Thanks Bathsheba....
I think that instead of having things to pick at through the day, a proper meal would last longer, provide energy, and drive away those hunger pangs that have people reaching for the 'Nuts' Biscuits, dried fruit and other nibbles that are most certainly responsible for an overweight problem...

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top