Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Moving Home

At a time when the underclass are told: Stay Home, the chancellor is stimulating the property market with tax incentives for buyers, Estate Agents are doing roaring trade, best since before the EU ref. So whilst some are afraid to do more than a masked walk around the block, young yuppie are heading for the hills, snapping up homes & gardens like never before. Are they expecting zoom chats on the long/longer term? Do you you think there's one lockdown rule for one and one for another?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:22 PM

Re: Moving Home

Originally Posted by d00d ->
At a time when the underclass are told: Stay Home, the chancellor is stimulating the property market with tax incentives for buyers, Estate Agents are doing roaring trade, best since before the EU ref. So whilst some are afraid to do more than a masked walk around the block, young yuppie are heading for the hills, snapping up homes & gardens like never before. Are they expecting zoom chats on the long/longer term? Do you you think there's one lockdown rule for one and one for another?
Certainly seems that way dood .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:29 PM

It's happening here too. Lots of people putting posts on local message pages asking about houses for sale, schools, rentals etc.
I wondered about staying put & not travelling far. Can see why they want to live here, we are one of the lowest places in the country for Covid cases, but feel they shouldn't be allowed to & it means no affordable homes for local people.
We do have a lot of houses being built here, but most are for sale at a price.
If I had a house for sale I'd state local buyers only.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's happening here too. Lots of people putting posts on local message pages asking about houses for sale, schools, rentals etc.
I wondered about staying put & not travelling far. Can see why they want to live here, we are one of the lowest places in the country for Covid cases, but feel they shouldn't be allowed to & it means no affordable homes for local people.
We do have a lot of houses being built here, but most are for sale at a price.
If I had a house for sale I'd state local buyers only.
Why? If we were moving from our neck of the woods I wouldn't give a hot damn who was moving in - I'd be moving out!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why? If we were moving from our neck of the woods I wouldn't give a hot damn who was moving in - I'd be moving out!
Why! Because I think local people should be allowed to stay in the area they were born in & not be priced out of the market by up country people who have more money.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:00 AM

Folks are insatiable whatever is going on.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:10 AM

In spite of a buoyant house market it has taken my Niece 18 months to sell her lovely house in the Derbyshire countryside.
3 times the sale has fallen through with people pulling out

Hopefully the sale is finally going through next week.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:29 AM

Prices are soaring here on the US as rentals and inventories are drying up outside of cities. Mortgage rates are down, people are seeing the advantages of working online, and the handwriting on the wall related to Covid restrictions on businesses and the massive wave of illegal immigrants in California.

We are preparing to sell one of my mom's rental homes and even though it isn't listed, she already has three offers over what we had planned on asking because word got out via the neighbors. It's crazy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:49 AM

Folks should be glad the property market is buoyant, Brick is the new Gold.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:54 AM

I'm moving tomorrow....scary stuff I better get a move on too instead of lazing around here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top