Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:37 PM

Everyone’s Humour

Is different...

What one sees funny another doesn’t.

We all have our own humour, some get it, some don’t.

We all come from different walks of life.

Let’s try to not lose sight of that...me included...

You can’t force people to see “ your” humour..if they don’t see/ get it,,,.respect it...that is my opinion....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:40 PM

Re: Everyone’s Humour

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Is different...

What one sees funny another doesn’t.

We all have our own humour, some get it, some don’t.

We all come from different walks of life.

Let’s try to not lose sight of that...me included...

You can’t force people to see “ your” humour..if they don’t see/ get it,,,.respect it...that is my opinion....
You're joking!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You're joking!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:43 PM

I think its easy to misinterpret the meaning of the humour in someone's post because there is nothing else to go on, its just words. That's why smileys were invented, I think!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You're joking!

NO!!!!

I am not joking!!!!!

😂🤣😅😮😮😮
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-06-2021, 02:46 PM

I find it even funnier when someone doesn’t get my humour.....I don’t go around criticising them...for not having the same humour as me.

I hope that makes sense...because it does to me.

“ each to their own”...suck it up...and in my opinion it’s my opinion...😂🤣😅😮
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-06-2021, 02:48 PM

Ted made me laugh with his embroidery thread...I thought that was funny.

Only he wasn’t joking..it was true..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

24-06-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think its easy to misinterpret the meaning of the humour in someone's post because there is nothing else to go on, its just words. That's why smileys were invented, I think!
There is humour.

There is provocative.

There is antagonistic...all of which I have been guilty of...sometimes when we post or speak to a person, we aren’t always aware of how it comes across.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

24-06-2021, 03:07 PM

This applies not only to people but countries too. We get many British and American comedy series here in Sweden and there’s a difference in the type of humour. I prefer ritidh humour and find it to be more subtle than American, but then that’s my opinion.

Different expressions can make it hard to see the humour too. An American friend couldn’t understand why the title of ”It ain’t half hot mum” was funny because it was obviously very hot and not just half hot until I explained the meaning
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 03:09 PM

It is possible to make a joke or play on words with a lot of what is written but it might not always be welcome. I sometimes write but not post what I think is a humorous remark. The writing but not posting gets it out of the system without offending anyone or causing them to raise the eyebrows and sigh.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top