Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 11:49 PM

Re: Subject matter expert

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Can I book a ticket?
You might be the only one there.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
What topic could you give a 20-minute presentation on without any preparation?
Having been retired for nearly 15 years I am not sure but I could probably just manage a presentation on power generation, blowers, boilers, turbines and reciprocating steam engines. I don't think the technology has changed that much though these days they are all computer controlled and operating skill has diminished dramatically.

At a push I could rattle on about valves, klystrons and travelling wave tubes (electronic vaccuum tubes I mean) for 10 minutes though some of the more particular details I might have to gloss over.

Alas my knowledge of Strowger step by step telephone systems is a thing of the past.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
You might be the only one there.
Surely not.

If you dried up, I'd be more than happy to chat about how to turn the old wooden TV cabinets into useful objects such as hamster cages.

My old fella used to fix TVs and we had a fair few of the old cabinets around (amongst other electrical paraphernalia) which we used to re-purpose as items of furniture such as coffee tables.

Used to love the smell created by smashing the old glass valves

Minx- told you I could waffle at will
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Having been retired for nearly 15 years I am not sure but I could probably just manage a presentation on power generation, blowers, boilers, turbines and reciprocating steam engines. I don't think the technology has changed that much though these days they are all computer controlled and operating skill has diminished dramatically.

At a push I could rattle on about valves, klystrons and travelling wave tubes (electronic vaccuum tubes I mean) for 10 minutes though some of the more particular details I might have to gloss over.

Alas my knowledge of Strowger step by step telephone systems is a thing of the past.
Right up my street. Could you cobble together a you tube lecture for me?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 03:39 AM

Just about anything; music, cooking, baking, nutrition, caring for dogs, woodcarving, interior camping / canoeing, interior hiking, painting, pyrography, making beaded jewelry, skin and hair.
I can talk a lot. Oddly enough I am perfectly ok with public speaking. Go figure.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
What topic could you give a 20-minute presentation on without any preparation?
The life and works of J R R Tolkien.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Probably British birds & what we did on RSPB bird watching coach trips, some were hilarious.
Yeah, might be able to manage 20 mins on British Birds!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Surely not.

If you dried up, I'd be more than happy to chat about how to turn the old wooden TV cabinets into useful objects such as hamster cages.

My old fella used to fix TVs and we had a fair few of the old cabinets around (amongst other electrical paraphernalia) which we used to re-purpose as items of furniture such as coffee tables.

Used to love the smell created by smashing the old glass valves

Minx- told you I could waffle at will
When I had a website. I wrote a page for it that had the title of 'When TV cabinets were made out of wood'.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 07:44 AM

Hence, "What's on the Box tonight".
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

25-06-2021, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Hence, "What's on the Box tonight".
Yes, very literally.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top