Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:35 PM

Re: Socks

The socks themselves are perfectly fine...just not with sandals. That's the whole point of sandals, to let your feet breathe and be fresh.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:27 PM

My Son wears socks with sandals. He is diabetic & has horrible feet so I don't mind. I don't wear sandals I wear socks all the time with short boots or mules, because my toe nails are dreadful, like horn. My feet look awful bare.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 02:29 AM

In winter I would not sleep without my bed socks - they are woollen socks my ex employer supplied (Wool doesn't burn) that I cut down to just above ankle length and wear once the nighttime temperatures get down to near single figures.

As for wearing socks with sandals? no that is not a fashion faux pas I make, however I do have special socks that I wear with my thongs (flip flops to you) in winter.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Remember those socks with the diamond design on?
Ah - golfing socks.

Never on a date, and certainly never with sandals.

Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 05:49 AM

Who makes these rules anyway …never socks been seen with sandals .
I would think usual choice but it wouldn’t bother me
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Who makes these rules anyway …
Who knows, Ripple, and the rules change in the blink of an eye anyway!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 07:08 AM

I wear what is comfortable, not what others think I should wear & I hope any man in my life would do the same.
Are people so insecure that they care what others think they should wear?

Tiffany your son is diabetic and the doctors say it is wiser to wear socks, so well done him! If anybody makes fun because he does so, I would remind them that some diabetics have to have leg amputations because.....
they didn't wear socks and got a blister, that became infected. Tiny infections in the foot can lead to the leg becoming infected & if antibiotics don't work the leg needs to be removed!
This happened to my friends dad and sadly younger people will take risks rather than be mocked by others!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 07:08 AM

I have one pair of socks I normally wear, one is black and the other is white,

Strangly enough I have another pair in the draw exactly the same
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My Son wears socks with sandals. He is diabetic & has horrible feet so I don't mind. I don't wear sandals I wear socks all the time with short boots or mules, because my toe nails are dreadful, like horn. My feet look awful bare.
Tiff, I didn't think of the health issues, with regard to blisters and sores etc. I just assumed in a general fashion faux pas way. But, did you know that you can get sandals with a covered toe area, designed to protect the toes?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:48 AM

Mr M is addicted to buying M an S socks .
He buys those multipacks .
None have diamonds.
Before he matched them to his trousers but now he wearing horrible trackie bottoms or jeans they don’t need to match anything .
Retirement and lockdown has turned us both into complete slobs .

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top