Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:49 AM

Re: Socks

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wear what is comfortable, not what others think I should wear & I hope any man in my life would do the same.
Are people so insecure that they care what others think they should wear?

Tiffany your son is diabetic and the doctors say it is wiser to wear socks, so well done him! If anybody makes fun because he does so, I would remind them that some diabetics have to have leg amputations because.....
they didn't wear socks and got a blister, that became infected. Tiny infections in the foot can lead to the leg becoming infected & if antibiotics don't work the leg needs to be removed!
This happened to my friends dad and sadly younger people will take risks rather than be mocked by others!
True plus when you wear sandals sans socks your feet get so dirty !
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mr M is addicted to buying M an S socks .
He buys those multipacks .
None have diamonds.
Before he matched them to his trousers but now he wearing horrible trackie bottoms or jeans they don’t need to match anything .
Retirement and lockdown has turned us both into complete slobs .
This reminds me of a dream I had last night where myself and Mr P went out for dinner, and I was wearing a glamourous emerald green dress! I woke up thinking I really need to dress up more often, instead of scuffing about in jeans all the time
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Tiff, I didn't think of the health issues, with regard to blisters and sores etc. I just assumed in a general fashion faux pas way. But, did you know that you can get sandals with a covered toe area, designed to protect the toes?
Son doesn't like those sort. His are more like walking sandals adjustable velcro & leather.
He has boots for work & shoes made for him. He is waiting for new trainer type shoes, but he hasn't got those yet. His repaired shoes arrived a couple of days ago, that's why he was wearing the sandals he hadn't anything else to wear except his work boots & those are far too hot when he isn't working.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:46 AM

I would imagine that a man turning up for a date wearing socks and sandals is just as disturbing as a woman turning up wearing flip flops. Horrible disgusting things YUK!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:03 PM

None have diamonds.
Before he matched them to his trousers but now he wearing horrible trackie bottoms or jeans they don’t need to match anything .
Whether you look like slobs or not Muddy, when you get dressed it should be in clothing that makes you most comfortable... no matter what anybody else thinks!
I am sure you change your dress style for occasions that require it , but if you are walking the dog, cleaning the house or even painting you should wear what makes you most comfortable. It is your choice so why care what anybody else thinks !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would imagine that a man turning up for a date wearing socks and sandals is just as disturbing as a woman turning up wearing flip flops. Horrible disgusting things YUK!!!

Oh, LD I thought you liked flip flops.

Just remembered, it’s a bird with a thong, still trying to figure how you got her on that roof...any pictures.....?😂🤣😅😮
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:20 PM

None have diamonds.
As I commented earlier, I wear boots. Slobs? Well, I do match what I wear. Cargo pants. Pockets for a couple of knives, some coins, tissues, some treats, a snood instead of a mask, poo bags, a pen, a card, some of the folding kind, sometimes a phone etc....and the socks although they are out of sight......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
The socks themselves are perfectly fine...just not with sandals. That's the whole point of sandals, to let your feet breathe and be fresh.
I think I would prefer the feet covered, with some people feet..

But if they don’t care what others think, fair enough.

I care what I think, if I had unsightly toes, I would cover them up.

I have seen many interesting toes in my life.

Hammer toes.

Toes with huge bunions.

Toes that cross over the other.

Etc,etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Oh, LD I thought you liked flip flops.

Just remembered, it’s a bird with a thong, still trying to figure how you got her on that roof...any pictures.....?😂🤣😅😮
Mmm. A bird with a thong, that sounds much better.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-06-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mmm. A bird with a thong, that sounds much better.

😂🤣😅....my humour is starting to “ broaden” I’m liking it.

But, I mustn’t go to far...😂🤣😅..

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top