Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:59 PM

Re: Easily Fooled.

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
However, some of my best artworks from over past decades were all gone.
That's a shame. Some things really are irreplaceable.

On the plus side, hopefully someone else were sent the crates and are enjoying your art.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
That's a shame. Some things really are irreplaceable.
Dead right, Dex. 20 years later and it still upsets me!

On the plus side, hopefully someone else were sent the crates and are enjoying your art.
Now that is a positive! Never thought about that.

But our boxes had been opened and sealed up again. I suspect it was airport staff pinching things to sell, and replacing them with other random items.

So, hopefully, anyone who has some of that art is an innocent owner!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:15 PM

Dead right, Dex. 20 years later and it still upsets me!

Now that is a positive! Never thought about that.

But my boxes had been opened. I suspect it was airport staff pinching things to sell, and replacing them with other random items.

So, hopefully, anyone who has some of that art is an innocent owner!
Opening your boxes to see if anything's worth nicking is poor.

Suppose you could take heart that they thought your work was valuable and worth the risk of getting the sack

What would you do if, by pure chance, you saw your artwork somewhere?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:19 PM

I was once fooled by a 'friend' I got close to on a Canadian forum.
She was dying of cancer and a small group of us used to talk to her every day & give what comfort we could.

One day her son logged on in her place & told us the sad news that his mum had taken her own life as she could no longer stand the pain.

I just sat at my computer & cried.

We had a memorial thread for her & everything.

A month later the forum owner told us that Twinkle (her username) had tried to rejoin the forum under a new alias!!

The strange thing was - she didn't ask for any money. I guess she just got pleasure from knowing she could fool people.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

28-06-2021, 03:22 PM

That's awful Carol.

As you well know, there have been cases in which people have set up and contributed towards a gofundme, er, fund.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:23 PM

Gosh that is so sick! Mind you, I worked with someone who alleged he was dying of bowel cancer. he thought it gave him carte blanche to be as rude and as sexist as he could be - a real pain in the backside, but nobody said anything because y'know, he was dying an' all. Anyway, he tried to get another job and asked me to be his reference, but NOT to mention his health. So that was a red flag straight away. Anyway, I didn't give him a reference, he didn't get the job, but left anyway to "die in peace", and he is still trotting around town 2 years later
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 03:26 PM

What would you do if, by pure chance, you saw your artwork somewhere?
LOL! Dex, you know it, I am such a sad case! Every now and again I Google for various keywords relating to fantasy art. For example, "images for fantasy art", "images of lord of the rings airbrush art" ... and so on.

Nothing has ever shown up. If I ever did see anything, then I suppose I'd try to get it back.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:27 PM

LOL! Dex, you know it, I am such a sad case! Every now and again I Google for various keywords relating to fantasy art. For example, "images for fantasy art", "images of lord of the rings airbrush art" ... and so on.

Nothing has ever shown up. If I ever did see anything, then I suppose I'd try to get it back.
Do you have photos? I mean, could you actually prove it originally was your work?
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The strange thing was - she didn't ask for any money. I guess she just got pleasure from knowing she could fool people.
These people have no moral compasses.

Perhaps her son was coercing her, then when the time came to cash in, she backed out at the last minute.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Do you have photos? I mean, could you actually prove it originally was your work?
Yes, I have some. I retrieved some images from an old Windows 98 machine the other week. Next week I'll try to make time to upload to them to my profile.

However, some artworks from my younger years were not recorded - more stupid negligent behaviour on my part - a bit like working for too long on your computer without backing up!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top