Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 12:54 PM

Re: Garments not fit for the purpose..

Hi

Yes Carol.

I normally buy small underpants.

I paid more for large, but nothing happened.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

29-06-2021, 01:00 PM

Used to own some leg warmers .Now I just cut the end off some old socks and pull em up...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My Mum knitted me a yellow swimming costume when I was 6 or 7 and I felt quite proud of it until I went in the sea on holiday - the costume stretched down over my knees, so embarrassing!
That was the end of her costume making 😄
That was the problem with them, they also filled up with sand which had the same effect. I wish my mother had realised the error of her ways as quickly but alas she did not
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:11 PM

Never had anything not fit for purpose, but I have noticed that clothes sizes don't always mean what they say these days
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I went to an aqua fit class at my local swimming pool this morning. It's exercise in water & I really enjoy it.

Sometimes the exercise is quite vigorous & as I was leaping up & down in the water my boobs flew out of the top of my new bathing costume! I quickly ducked back in the water & adjusted it.

It was certainly not fit for the purpose it was made & I won't be wearing it again!!

Have you every owned any garments that weren't fit for the purpose?
Yes, those awful regulation black swimsuits. They were horrible & the same thing happened to me at swimming classes & on the beach, once, the latter. I never wore the nasty thing again. Bought myself a nice bikini.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I went to an aqua fit class at my local swimming pool this morning. It's exercise in water & I really enjoy it.

Sometimes the exercise is quite vigorous & as I was leaping up & down in the water my boobs flew out of the top of my new bathing costume! I quickly ducked back in the water & adjusted it.

It was certainly not fit for the purpose it was made & I won't be wearing it again!!

Have you every owned any garments that weren't fit for the purpose?

Oh dear, how embarrassing Carol.

Mind you, I Expect the majority of swimsuits are designed to look fashionable and sexy. Not many are intended specifically for doing vigorous exercises in.

Maybe it is a bit like wearing a pair of ordinary trousers to go to the gym, and wondering why they split.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Never had anything not fit for purpose, but I have noticed that clothes sizes don't always mean what they say these days
Yep Pixie. I use that excuse too
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->

Absolutely, Pixie. Drives me nuts.
I have always liked M & S for some things, but so much of their stuff is made in Bangladesh etc now, and the sizes are not remotely like English sizing.

I even bought a pair of joggers recently, and they were 5 ins. longer than it said on the label!!

I always have a tape measure in my bag now, and measure an item rather than take any notice of what it says on the label.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:53 PM

I have had the elastic 'go ' in under slips and knickers in the days they were held up by a single piece.

I also had a skirt waistband 'go' when I was shopping once and wearing a coat, I was suddenly conscious of my skirt around my ankles under the coat
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
i have had the elastic 'go ' in under slips and knickers in the days they were held up by a single piece.

I also had a skirt waistband 'go' when i was shopping once and wearing a coat, i was suddenly conscious of my skirt around my ankles under the coat

😅🤣😂🤣😂😮😮😮

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top