Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 07:29 PM

E Trikes

Thinking of moving from little terraced cottage in London to some place more spacious but close to the action.

Planning ahead ... with a garage or secure parking we could get e-trikes to intimidate the locals downtown. Hells grannies, yeah.

They are not cheap, OK there's a site call Alibaba, an ad popped up on my phone ... but not sure.

I don't want it now, I can still drive, I can still walk. But it got me thinking about future forms of transport, the green revolution, what the laws are now, what the future holds.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 07:36 PM

Re: E Trikes

Whatever is this dood? It looks like it has a gas cannister above the pedals. do you charge it at those electro points? Does it come with a sidecar?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Whatever is this dood? It looks like it has a gas cannister above the pedals. do you charge it at those electro points? Does it come with a sidecar?
Sorry Annie, can't answer such questions, just thought it looked cool, and I want one, if they're legal, maybe one day.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
just thought it looked cool,
It might look cool, d00d, but I don't think it would look cool with someone sitting on it. There needs to be someone sitting on it in order for there to be any point in having it, but then it wouldn't look cool. That trike is the quintessential catch 22 situation on three wheels. Is that really a state of affairs you want to get yourself into?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:38 PM

Just so long as you keep it off the footpaths, you are welcome to as many of them as you wish to purchase. I've already been knocked over by a so called scooter for the disabled on the footpath and an e-scooter also on the footpath, so I'm not enamoured by anything propelled by batteries on the footpath designed for pedestrians.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Just so long as you keep it off the footpaths, you are welcome to as many of them as you wish to purchase. I've already been knocked over by a so called scooter for the disabled on the footpath and an e-scooter also on the footpath, so I'm not enamoured by anything propelled by batteries on the footpath designed for pedestrians.
I have also & the speed they go at.... I'm sure most been made to go much faster than they should.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:07 AM

I am personally not keen on three wheeled anythings, they combine all the disadvantages of a two wheeled machine with all the disadvantages of a four wheel one and are basically unstable.

It is definitely my intention to make sure that I have sufficient cash in the bank (or hidden about my house) to be able to buy a decent mobility scooter when I am no longer able to drive or ride my bike.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:05 AM

Such vehicles, probably with better weather protection WILL be arriving on our roads and roads around the world as we move away from from fossil fuels and these will be less expensive as a means for personal transport for relatively short journeys.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:01 PM

FYI d00d, Alibaba is a Chinese-owned version of Amazon. Everything sold on that site is Chinese-made. Watch what you are doing on the site, please.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

05-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
FYI d00d, Alibaba is a Chinese-owned version of Amazon. Everything sold on that site is Chinese-made. Watch what you are doing on the site, please.
Thanks for the warning.

Their trikes are not reassuringly expensive enough for me anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top