Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 12:00 AM

Re: Bowel Cancer

Originally Posted by galty ->
Don't need that they give you a little stick to wipe your arse with.
In case you have confused any readers of this thread, the full instructions include the following:

It is important that the bowel motion you take the sample from has not been in the toilet bowl, as this could affect the test result. Suggested ways to catch your sample are:
• Folded pieces of toilet paper
• Your hand covered in a small plastic bag
• A clean disposable container

Use a cardboard stick to take a small piece from the bowel motion you have just collected. Spread it thinly over the first window.

Using another stick, take another sample from a different area of the bowel motion. Spread it thinly over the second window.
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/bowel-...structions.pdf
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:59 PM

I got my results back from Dundee today and I definitely don't have bowel cancer which is good to know. They said that I should take another test in 2 years time.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 10:14 PM

Glad to hear you don't have bowel cancer. Nearly five years ago my husband had cancer in his small intestine, close to the valve between the stomach and the small intestine. They found it during a colonoscopy. He's doing fine, didn't even need any chemo.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:02 AM

That's great news Ffosse. You have had enough to deal with.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:09 AM

I had negative test from my last postal test but I still have to have a colonoscopy as there is bowel cancer in the family, unfortunately I had to cancel the last one because of a tummy bug, waiting for another appointment now.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:58 PM

I am a bowel cancer survivor. I have to have an colonoscopy every 2 years....or even every year if I sense any discomfort. I lost nearly half of my bowel. Luckily for me, I lost the right side. If it had been the left side, I would have had the bag..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top