Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Re: Is there always one friend who keeps in contact?

Hi

I can always rely on regular communications from the Taxman.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:54 AM

Ive let lots of friendships drop simply because they dont reciprocate contact.
Im not wasting my time with "friends" who cant be bothered to get in touch,it doesnt take much effort after all. A 20second txt a fone call,just to say "hi pop round for coffee" or meet up for lunch.
Im very much a loner only having a couple of friends that ive had for yrs. I dont need the kind of friends who are ott either and live in each others pockets for a few months then drop you like a stone .
I dont believe you "need" friends to stop you feeling lonely, Im quite happy with my own company and dont feel lonely as ive always got something to be doing.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:58 AM

I've had friends in the past , always coming round until they meet a man , they come round to tell you all about this lovely new boyfriend then suddenly they are not around anymore , not available and uninterested in friendship ......

That is until it ends then they want friendship again
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've had friends in the past , always coming round until they meet a man , they come round to tell you all about this lovely new boyfriend then suddenly they are not around anymore , not available and uninterested in friendship ......

That is until it ends then they want friendship again
How true that is Susan...
I really like your signature words too.....quite sad.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 09:13 AM

My closest friend whom i've known since the first day of Infants School and was my Best Man back in 1962 no longer remembers me. Even after showing him the wedding photo album. All very sad.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
How true that is Susan...
I really like your signature wo
rds too.....quite sad.
Yes Aysa , those words say a lot of truth
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Apart from the dd ex-RAF colleague who pops up out of the blue very seldomly (as in this summer when I saw someone I hadn't seen for twenty years and met up), I have a long-standing circle of friends who I've known for over thirty years and we meet regularly.

With me, I'm usually the one who gets in contact with my friends for a meet up, usually on a Saturday afternoon for a few drinks. For instance, four of us discovered the first new bar in over thirty years yesterday in Cottingham, a village a couple of miles away from me. I'm on the right in the photo.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Too many have recently passed away or lost contact with. Supposed that comes with getting older
As I've reached mid 80's, most of my old friends have passed away, sadly. I do still get together for breakfast, from time to time, with the fellow who was my best man at our wedding back in the 50's. i'd known him since middle school days.

My wife also has one childhood friend who lived across from her as a child. They still e-mail each other and get together on rare occasions.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top