Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 11:57 AM

Re: Windows 10 PC Networking

Having just acquired a new PC, I thought I'd connect it to my local network for ease of file transfer. I still had my notes from my previous experience so I thought there wouldn't be problem .....

I was wrong ..... the same problems all over again but now compounded by a requirement for "Credential Verification" .....

After a day of inreasing frustration, I finally abandoned the local network approach and bought a subscription to MS Office Personal, which not only provides all Office products on all my PC but also includes 1TB of offline storage (with local synchronisation for up to 5 devices) for £59.99 .....

All I had to do was move the OneDrive folder to an external hard drive (so that it wouldn't be included in my weekly system image backup) and redirect the OneDrive software to the new location - automatic transfers between PCs are in in progress .....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top