Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:23 PM

Shower Head

I had to leave the job yesterday of trying to change the shower head. I had two replies yesterday and I don't know where those posts are now......not sure if I even tried to follow the advice, but if you would please post again, "I am listening".

I am trying to change my shower head to a new modern one. I cannot get the old head off. It is on too tight for me.

I have tried a vice grip and even tried to hammer the vice grip to take it off........no luck. It is really tight. Someone said to turn it first to tighten, then back to unscrew.....tried that, no luck. There was also another post......please tell me........

Do I need a pipe wrench for this little job? Surely I don't have to go out and buy a pipe wrench.........
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:26 PM

Re: Shower Head

Assuming that the shower head is supplied via a flexible hose, can you detach the whole thing including the hose where it comes out of the shower? If so, why not just replace the whole lot?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Hi Blue
try using some DWD40 spray or equivalent if you cant get this product.
If you spray it liberally onto the join so it can seep in slowly it may just ease the unscrewing process enough for you to get it going
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Blue
try using some DWD40 spray or equivalent if you cant get this product.
If you spray it liberally onto the join so it can seep in slowly it may just ease the unscrewing process enough for you to get it going
Just about to suggest the same.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/wd...-0381536p.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:45 PM

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...ad#post1541018

I agree, wearing rubber gloves gets a better grip.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:49 PM

WD as suggested or even vinegar if you don't have WD.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Assuming that the shower head is supplied via a flexible hose, can you detach the whole thing including the hose where it comes out of the shower? If so, why not just replace the whole lot?
Yes, I am trying to replce the shower head to a new modern one with the different speeds on it.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

11-10-2018, 01:01 PM

OK thanks folks,

I will try these things today. Let you know how I make out later..........
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

11-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Job well done, thanks to you..........

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top