Join for free
Page 7 of 33 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:32 PM

Re: Is Democracy Dead?

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
You have obviously forgotten our inability to deport a known terrorist because by doing so we would violate his human rights because he had a dependant cat.

How long did it take us to send Abu Whotsisname to America to stand trial for inciting terrorism. And at what cost.
What has that to do with the EU? Since when are we a puppet on a string? Other member states do as they please. Let's get a reality check on the truth here.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:39 PM

Purwell, your arrogance is simply breathtaking.

Like talking to a moron.
What a nice man you are, have a drink on me.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
No it wasn't me that said that about turn-arounds.

I'll give you a heads up. ..... Your amusement comes across as contempt.

The smug approach that you have adopted from a self appointed position of moral primacy is not an original standpoint

It's one we have seen before from many Remain supporters. It does you no credit.

You are sadly mistaken in your contention that the Uk will never leave the EU and you need to entertain the notion that leaving EU IS saving the UK.

The full consequences of leaving the EU are unknown at present so unless you have a Crystal Ball you are, in fact, speculating that the UK will not do well post Brexit.

I happen to believe the UK will do well post Brexit.

The next referendum to be held in this country will be held in Scotland in about 20 years time and will be about Scottiish Independence.

There won't be another Brexit referendum simply because there is no appetite for it and because 17 million voters will boycott it and 17 million voters will deny it happening, by whatever means necessary.

Won't be long before other nations join usin leaving the EU , then you will be in the merde!
My amusement lies in the jousting game of discussing based on logical arguments. I'm not amused by the participants and certainly not contemptuous of any of them.
Nor do I feel any supremacy, moral or intellectual. What I tried to point out is that I have no former choice in a referendum to defend. I feel free to be swayed by the arguments from either side.

Every day businesses, governments make decisions based on projection of current trends in economics, within the frameworkof of rules and legislation. Hopefully they don't use crystal balls.
Applying that technique, outcome of brexit can be predicted to the extend of the direction developments will take. Apart from experts who can predict with an amount of certainty, lay persons can do the same with limited certainty. Wise lay persons take their lead from experts (not politicians).
No economist so far has predicted a development for the UK that is positive. Perhaps you can give me a link to any such positive forecast?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Every day businesses, governments make decisions based on projection of current trends in economics, within the frameworkof of rules and legislation. Hopefully they don't use crystal balls.
Applying that technique, outcome of brexit can be predicted to the extend of the direction developments will take.
The compass can only point in one direction or the compass is broken.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 01:24 AM

This probably near enough sums up what's going on at the moment.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 02:12 AM

You have obviously forgotten our inability to deport a known terrorist because by doing so we would violate his human rights because he had a dependant cat.

How long did it take us to send Abu Whotsisname to America to stand trial for inciting terrorism. And at what cost.
Hi

Much as I am not a fan of the EU the examples you quote have naff all to do with them.

They are entirely our own internal problems.

Until such time as our Politicians are prepared to grasp the nettle nothing will change, in or out of the EU.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=itsme;1547044]
Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Have you any reasons for leaving that haven't been shot down in flames?????
Yes, plenty, although I would like to know why when asking those who wish to remain in the EU as to why and what the benefits will be, do they always come back with another question.
Yet again I put the same question and you replied with the above (although the question wasn't posed at yourself), the same thing . So you give me 4 answers to why we should stay in the EU or why it is stupid of us to leave and I will give you 5 why we should leave. That's a fair swap.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The compass can only point in one direction or the compass is broken.
The certainty of that one direction enables you to navigate a course.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-10-2018, 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=Puddle Duck;1547510]
Originally Posted by itsme ->

Yes, plenty, although I would like to know why when asking those who wish to remain in the EU as to why and what the benefits will be, do they always come back with another question.
Yet again I put the same question and you replied with the above (although the question wasn't posed at yourself), the same thing . So you give me 4 answers to why we should stay in the EU or why it is stupid of us to leave and I will give you 5 why we should leave. That's a fair swap.
Apparently in your vision the british population consists of only two kinds of people: the very dumb ones who voted remain and the very clever ones who voted leave? Making half of the brits very dumb, significantly more than in the rest of the EU. Could that be the reason why the other EU members stick together?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

19-10-2018, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=Solasch;1547565]
Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Apparently in your vision the british population consists of only two kinds of people: the very dumb ones who voted remain and the very clever ones who voted leave?
Apparently, you are unable to answer a simple question based on your own vision and perspective. That is a strange position for a person with views and opinions.

Page 7 of 33 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top