Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 05:27 PM

Re: Remainers March in London

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just watching the EU's mouthpiece, the BBC, showing the Remainers marching through London for another referendum today. Good turn out - and why wouldn't it? seeing as London is the capital and most in that Bubble-land voted to remain.

Pretty pointless tactic though .What do they hope to achieve? The United Kingdom doesn't revolve around London? be it 500,00 or even 1 million marchers. It doesn't change the fact that 17.4 million people voted to leave, and leaving we are!
All they are showing to those of us in the rest of the country is that they are acting like the Vichy to the EU.
It's just been announced that the Remainers have blocked all of the roads up in London.

Every time they spotted an open road they put in an objection.

Apparently none of them can find a way out - They'll have to stay in there for ever!!

basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, if need be, but it will be OUR s..t pile to get out of, not underthe jackboot of the EU which has poured plenty of s..t on this country's head by the bucketload in the last 40 odd years.

Well said that Lady..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In the future tearful things will keep remembering you of the "victory" called brexit
Wish I had your crystal ball to be able to see into the future!

By the way, how about aiming your usual insults at one of your own, remember him? the man who dropped off the face of the planet after the result? that's right, one David Cameron. The same man who of course gave both sides of the argument for remaining and leaving in a transparent a way as any responsible Prime Minister and his government would have done. Oh dear, how quickly you forget. He spent 9 million pounds of taxpayers money sending his shiny Remain propaganda leaflet to every household in the country, instructed Jeremy Heywood to send a memo to the civil service to only cooperate with memo's and speeches in remainers favour, and even stooped low enough to use the sad death of Jo Cox MP, to gain more votes. All of which descended into a complete farce. The idiot was so convinced of a remain win he had made no plans at all for a leave vote.

So next time you aim your nasty barbs at Leavers, just remember, that although in our hearts we knew we were up against the crooked Government, a useless Prime Minister, the political elite, the London Luvvies and all the sheep who faithfully followed them, yes, you! remember that Leavers were just as surprised as you were with your horror at our wonderful win.

Just goes to show you that there were millions out there who were not fooled for a moment at the crap that was being spewed out by the Remain side back then, and I can guess that quite a few have joined us since finding out.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:34 PM

My government informed me as follows

After March 29, 2019 Brexit is a fact. Then the United Kingdom leaves the European Union. The regulations that apply to trade between EU countries will no longer apply to trade with the UK. New agreements must therefore be made about this.

The United Kingdom is becoming a country outside the EU

After 29 March 2019, the UK is no longer part of the EU. From then on, the EU sees the UK as a country outside the EU and the same rules apply as for other countries outside the EU. However, the EU and the UK are committed to making arrangements about the future relationship and, for example, reaching a trade agreement.

Hard or cliff-edge Brexit?

A strong Brexit is a Brexit whereby the UK leaves the European internal market and the European customs union. If we look at what the UK has indicated in the negotiations, the UK seems to be heading for a tough Brexit. This means that you will have to deal with customs procedures and import tariffs in the future. And with other additional trade barriers.

In the case of a 'very hard' Brexit, often referred to as the cliff edge scenario, there is no agreement and then all trade between the UK and the EU falls under the rules of the World Trade Organization (WTO). That means import tariffs and checks at the border.

Rising costs. It is important to already find out what that can mean for your trade. Which administrative matters do you deal with? Which investments do you need to make in software, personnel and logistics? What is changing at the border? And does your cost price change? Does it make sense to open a branch in the UK? Or keep stock.

Whatever the outcome of the negotiations, it is certain that the UK is leaving the EU. You must already prepare yourself for doing business with a country outside the EU. If you assume a cliff-edge Brexit, you are well prepared
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:41 PM

My government informed me as follows

After March 29, 2019 Brexit is a fact.
It seems to me that, as usual, the rest of the world is one step ahead of you. UK is still arguing out or not, but doing very little in preparation of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:55 PM

I speak to a lot of people who don't believe Brexit will happen. Recent developments are making me wonder whether they are right. Presently it does seem a total shambles. Who on this forum disagrees?

But the demo today wasn't a remain demo, it was about people who want a right to decide on what is agreed (or not). So there may have been a fair number of leave voters there too. Many came from out of London, some got up very early to get there (looking at tweets of coaches in the middle of the night). Apparently some came from as far as the Orkneys.

As I've said before I am not in favour of any more voting by the public. I just want the government to get their act together and make a sensible deal. But I simply don't understand why leave voters are so angry about a demo. After all if it has achieved nothing why is it a big deal?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:58 PM

It seems to me that, as usual, the rest of the world is one step ahead of you. UK is still arguing out or not, but doing very little in preparation of it.
The UK is not convinced Brexit is a good idea. That is becoming clear. It doesn't matter what people voted. Because when people voted they did not consider the Irish border problem. (someone tell me I'm wrong - please!) I don't know of anyone who saw that as a major stumbling block. I wonder where we would be now if it weren't for that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:03 PM

Why should the Irish border be a proble other than one of the EUs making ?
If they want a hard border let them build one .
However I am beginning to think that Brexit is not going to happen.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:04 PM

Not helped by the fact that your Masters in Brussels are using the Irish Border as a weapon to keep us tied to them, a weak remain supporting Prime Minister, fully prepared to give concession after concession just so she can say she has a deal, regardless of the cost, infighting between Leave and Remain MP's, London luvvies and treacherous has-been ex politicians putting their mouths in gear, the fatcats sitting in the Lords, and the hundreds of thousands of bitter losers marching through Bubbleland.

Perhaps if the whole caboodle of Remainers learned about real democracy and accept you lost the vote, we could move onwards.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-10-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why should the Irish border be a proble other than one of the EUs making ?
If they want a hard border let them build one .
However I am beginning to think that Brexit is not going to happen.
Not just the EU. Apparently it's a problem between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK so by default it's our problem.

It is the last thing that I expected to stall Brexit. It's a right mess because of it. I'm a remain voter as you know, but I just want them to get on with it. It seems they are stuck indefinitely.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top