Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:13 PM

Re: Remainers March in London

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The UK is not convinced Brexit is a good idea. That is becoming clear. It doesn't matter what people voted. Because when people voted they did not consider the Irish border problem. (someone tell me I'm wrong - please!) I don't know of anyone who saw that as a major stumbling block. I wonder where we would be now if it weren't for that.
You're right, it wasn't seen as a major stumbling block.

The reason it's a 'problem' is that Varadker wants to frustrate the DUP.

Not a reason to stop Brexit tho'.

It can't be beyond the wit of man to find a solution. Part of that solution will be putting Varadker back in his box.

As for where are we in the negotiations.........95%agreed and ready to sign off apparantly , so no reason to abandon Brexit at this late stage.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:15 PM

Hi

We are a Democracy, they were entitled to their march, we are not a dictatorship.

We do not have to take any notice of it.

The EU is not a democracy, it did not vote to open up the borders to economic migrants, Merkel did it all on her own, caused immense problems and the demanded that other EU Countries take those she did not want.

Poland voted for a new Government, to get rid of their Political Elite and the Judiciary that elite had appointed.

They are now being sanctioned by the EU.

I was a very reluctant Leaver, I wanted to stay in but saw no way of doing so.

The longer this goes on the more convinced I am that I made the right decision in voting to leave.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:19 PM

What is the 5% Ireland aside?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:29 PM

What is the 5% Ireland aside?
Hi

I do not know the whole of it, but some of it revolves around security issues and access to databases.

The EU are insisting that if we want to access them it will be under the scrutiny of the ECJ.

This seems a fair point to me, as after Brexit they will only be able to access our databases subject to our laws.

Hardcore Politicians on both sides playing silly buggas on this one.

It is in all our best interests to track criminals, terrorists and the money they use.

I do not view this as a concession, just commonsense.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:43 PM

The UK is not convinced Brexit is a good idea. That is becoming clear. It doesn't matter what people voted. Because when people voted they did not consider the Irish border problem. (someone tell me I'm wrong - please!) I don't know of anyone who saw that as a major stumbling block. I wonder where we would be now if it weren't for that.
With respect Annie, who says the UK is not convinced Brexit is a good idea? 500,000 marching through bubbleland? They certainly don't speak for the rest of the country! Just because all we hear every single day are the remain moaners, doesn't mean that the 17.4 million who voted Leave aren't taking note of everything that has been happening over the last two years since the referendum, feeling any different to the day they put their bold cross against the Leave choice.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that those same, silent 17.4 million people who did vote to Leave, after listening and witnessing the sheer treachery that has been heaped upon them for the past two years, will instead have hardened, not softened their stance towards remaining in the EU. I would also gamble on the fact that if there was a second referendum, the percentage wanting to leave would be even higher than the original vote.

Remainers incessant insults towards people who voted to leave as being ignorant, bigoted little Englanders, will also ensure ever more living outside of Bubbleland will have seen firsthand, the EU cartel and it's avid followers in their true colours.

Beware of what you wish for!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:51 PM

I don't think there is the same mood among ordinary people on the street as there was SG. People are getting bored of it all whatever they voted. We aren't where we were a year ago, the insults aren't flying (except here) because everyone is united in their view that it's turned into an utter shambles.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not know the whole of it, but some of it revolves around security issues and access to databases.

The EU are insisting that if we want to access them it will be under the scrutiny of the ECJ.

This seems a fair point to me, as after Brexit they will only be able to access our databases subject to our laws.

Hardcore Politicians on both sides playing silly buggas on this one.
The response of UK government to UK-EU security
cooperation after
Brexit: Follow-up
report: Government
Response

We urge the EU to outline the conditions that it would expect the UK to meet in
order to retain access to SIS II. We have already argued that the Government must
make concessions to ensure that the EU entrusts it with highly sensitive data on EU
citizens, including compliance with EU data protection standards and adherence to
Article 8 of the EU Charter on Fundamental Rights, by incorporating it into UK law.
The Government must urgently set out its plan for securing data adequacy, including
how it intends to deal with sensitive national security and surveillance issues. It
should also remove the immigration exemption from the Data Protection Act—both
to ensure proper transparency in its immigration policy, and to avoid undermining a
data adequacy decision.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:20 PM

I don't think there is the same mood among ordinary people on the street as there was SG. People are getting bored of it all whatever they voted. We aren't where we were a year ago, the insults aren't flying (except here) because everyone is united in their view that it's turned into an utter shambles.
Yes, have to agree it has turned into an utter shamble Annie, due to the fact that Theresa May is the wrong person as a Remain supporter, fighting our corner.
I am not saying she doesn't have Britain's interest at heart, but she is too weak and too liberal to stand up for us. (joyful news no doubt to remainers).She seems so intent on gaining a deal to leave, she is prepared to turn our red lines pink! As remainers are fond of saying... this is not what we voted for!! We need someone with the same demeanour as Trump, who would soon put those arrogant, bullying (every expletive known) in their places. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have anyone of that calibre in government.

As for the people in the street being bored and the insults ceased, that can only be good news. It doesn't mean that people have changed their views over their decision though. One would need to have a second referendum to find that out, and all hell would break loose if that were to happen.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:27 PM

The people probably not, but then again, it is not their job to rule the country (at least not by referenda). Your parliament was informed on 17 november 2016 (Leaving the european union: the UK and Ireland).
So before the article 50 procedure was invoked.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:53 PM

I blame Global Warming, if it had been a typical October day, there would have only been a thousand or so marchers.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top