Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:44 PM

Re: NHS Sorted!

I think people don't like being told what to do by faceless committees. What to eat, how much to drink, what weight you should be etc.. etc..
I know I don't. It's my life. I'll make up my mind and I'll eat and drink what I want.

A glass or two of red wine, I think..
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:54 PM

If your lifestyle choices mean that you are sick all the time it's not a good thing for an NHS which needs to look after everyone, including those who do take care of their health.
Where someone is sick through no fault of their own it's a different matter.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:56 PM

Blimey baked beans in the local corner shop sure are expensive. No wonder supermarkets are ruling the roost.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
We live a pretty decadent lifestyle now, especially with regard to food choices. As our society is driven by capitalism restraints on what foods can be used to create other choice food stuffs is practically nonexistent and supermarkets, for instance, can stock any old crap they want: if it sells that is good enough.

Why is the NHS under duress?
Well this duress should lift now shouldn't it as the new anti-smoking laws kick in? Probably will in time which is a good thing. So if one type of intake has been deemed hazardous to health why not others such as sugars, fats and animal products?

What clogs up the hospitals?
No idea on the actual figures but many illnesses are because of people eating a poor diet; one that clogs the arteries or causes cancer, with many suffering all sorts of illnesses such as diabetes etc, and most can be caused by eating the wrong foods.

Outlaw food groups?
Well there you go then: why not outlaw certain food groups and place them in the same category as cigarettes?

Believe me there is ample evidence out there to substantiate the above. We are what we eat!
we didn't believe you when you were drinking - still don't !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Blimey baked beans in the local corner shop sure are expensive. No wonder supermarkets are ruling the roost.
24p in Tesco Mark, too sugary for me but everyone else likes them.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 08:11 PM

You all might think I'm joking but I believe a heavy tax will eventually be applied to imported sugar and oils. By doing so it will have an instant impact on the food market. To my mind it is the only way to help sort out the damage such foods do.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2015, 08:13 PM

Fat bastards!

I feel better for that .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 08:14 PM

I don't think it's joke but would any government dare, it would cause problems for their business friends and so many poor farmers abroad who only have sugar as a crop.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think it's joke but would any government dare, it would cause problems for their business friends and so many poor farmers abroad who only have sugar as a crop.
They might have to. As for farmers abroad well that ain't going to be much of a concern now is it. Market forces and all that.

I'm backtracking a bit here. I would say they will consider such action in the next 5-10 years and might well implement it inside 10 years or just after.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-06-2015, 08:55 PM

I would like to think in that time they could use education and give more help to people so that banning and taxing was not needed. Just need to get their heads out of the hand and their hands out of their pockets to start the process.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top