Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Re: jewellery

I sold all my Gold Jewellery about 9yrs ago, it was a big thing to have and fashionable back in the 70's. The only thing i have now in Gold is my Mother's wedding ring.. Everything else is vintage silver, mostly Celtic which i wear. Although i must admit my Wedding ring and engagement ring are in white gold.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Had a flyer through the letterbox saying there is a free scrap jewellery valuation in the village church hall on Wednesday. When does jewellery become scrap, it can become Crap, when it loses it's emotional connection, but Scrap, that don't add up.

They can have broken catches or pieces missing etc which makes them unwearable.
I had a couple of pieces like that, a bracelet and a chain, both a bit broken so sold them for the value of the weight in gold.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 11:48 AM

I wear a silver and opal commitment ring, but tend to wear costume jewellery to match my outfits. I'm not a fan of gold.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 12:50 PM

I tend not to wear any jewellery now a days. I have lots of gold pieces in the jewellery box which are broken and haven't got round to fixing. I don't even wear my wedding and engagement rings.

I wear a Necklace which I have had for quite a lot of years and never take off. Also a bracelet which a friend of mine bought me when my brother died it is elasticated with a little marker that says in memory of my brother.

I have got lots of amethyst stones which if I remember I put onto a silver chain and wear them sometimes but most often I forget.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 01:24 PM

You can get quite a nice little sum of money for gold pieces which are broken and you don't wear. Lots of jewellers will buy them, don't know how gold prices are at present but you can check. I used the money from mine to buy something I wanted and that I get good use from.

I love rings and have quite a few with stones, my favourite is an emerald. I also have pendants with stones like jade and opal and quite a bit of Amber.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 02:51 PM

I don't know what it is Anita but I cannot bring myself to getting rid of any of the pieces, I know I could potentially get some money for them. But.
Anita
Midlands, UK

08-06-2015, 08:27 PM

I think that's fair enough Shirley, you have to feel ready to do it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 08:31 AM

Yesterday I wore my ring yaay! I did as suggested , when smartly dressed popped it on my finger , it kept sparkling and looked pretty , and yes I will wear it again today. X
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Mrs mart likes a bit of jewellery but doesn't have any that is worth a great deal ..although she did recently buy a Lea Stein brooch. She makes her own jewellery. Here's a sample that she designed and made:

shirley
Gloucestershire

09-06-2015, 12:00 PM

Those are stunning tell Mrs Mart how clever she is.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top