Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 04:26 PM

dreams

Lately my dreams seem to be focused on my past. In dreams this week I remarried my ex husband , I've met with old friends . They are so vivid and some I can remember for ages. Often I return home to my mum and dads house, it's still the same , my dad is there but I don't see mum , I know she's around but can't be seen.

I can wake up and return into a dream and continue dreaming.

When I dream of people I know them so well , when I wake up I wonder who on earth they were. Yet moments earlier they were so familiar to me.

I love dreaming.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 04:33 PM

Re: dreams

I thought I had stopped dreaming, but apparently they occur each night
I just don't recall them at all ................unless one wakes me up
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 04:50 PM

Why do we always dream about the past? From nice dreams about killing my father to those astral ones when she is young and gorgeous? Just cannot fathom the lottery numbers for next week
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 06:36 PM

My dreams, when I have them, seem to be about my previous jobs and always I have lost control of whatever situation my dream takes me. A sign of insecurity ?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 06:42 PM

I sometimes have the strangest dreams.. Once I dreamt my nan was a queen and she rode thorugh the streets on an elephant.. When she saw us waving she called us to have tea with her at the palace..

Ive also had wonderful dreams spending time with my old dog Max on the sands at Newquay although he had never been there.. It was a great day even though I knew I had to say goodbye once the sun set...

Sometimes dreams bring us extra time with loved ones.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I sometimes have the strangest dreams.. Once I dreamt my nan was a queen and she rode thorugh the streets on an elephant.. When she saw us waving she called us to have tea with her at the palace..

Ive also had wonderful dreams spending time with my old dog Max on the sands at Newquay although he had never been there.. It was a great day even though I knew I had to say goodbye once the sun set...

Sometimes dreams bring us extra time with loved ones.
You have good imagination there Cass - and I love yer last line - very true
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2015, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My dreams, when I have them, seem to be about my previous jobs and always I have lost control of whatever situation my dream takes me. A sign of insecurity ?
Not at ease in your work it would seem ..............
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 09:43 PM

Mine veer from what I was reading before I fell asleep so as I love post apocalyptic fiction and sci fi I have some lively nights, to very warm remembrances of family past. I seem to have stopped having the nightmares I had after Tasha died thankfully as they were draining.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It's probably to do with a fear, probably subconscious of losing control in the present or feeling that things could somehow get beyond your control.

Nightmares are horrible Julie and are the emotions sorting out traumatic events when we are asleep, though they are horrible they are probably part of adjusting to situations.

I find as I get older I feel closer to people and events in the past sometimes the distant past and they figure largely in my dreams.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 10:10 PM

I keep having dreams featuring my parents, or just Mum, and in them they seem to always be leaving me, in one way or another. I obviously haven't accepted my Mum's death in the way it happened.

In the dreams they may go out and not come back, or they're in the periphery and won't come completely to the fore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top