Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 10:06 AM

Re: Documentaries

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I'd rather watch a good documentary than a soap or even a film. I've seen some fab documentaries since joining Netflix. Anyone else like documentaries? If so, any particular ones? Louis Theroux is a favourite of mines.
I do too Myra, especially those about animals of people.

When I worked at the BBC I got to know a nice lady TV producer quite well as I was often a first port of call for Production Teams going out to on locations.

She was an anthropologist and one day she asked me if I'd like to sit in with her and the editor to go through the early rushes of her recent trip to Ethiopia to see a particular nomadic tribe.

I was hooked!

I think that's when my hunger for information in this form first started.

That lady producer was so passionate about what she did and so very caring too.

She once came back from somewhere where there had been a drought for years and she said she simply could not eat surrounded by thousands of starving people; she had lost a stone in three weeks and looked ill!

I often wonder how she is now - I hope she's well.

She was one of the nicest TV producers I ever met. stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I do too Myra, especially those about animals of people.

When I worked at the BBC I got to know a nice lady TV producer quite well as I was often a first port of call for Production Teams going out to on locations.

She was an anthropologist and one day she asked me if I'd like to sit in with her and the editor to go through the early rushes of her recent trip to Ethiopia to see a particular nomadic tribe.

I was hooked!

I think that's when my hunger for information in this form first started.

That lady producer was so passionate about what she did and so very caring too.

She once came back from somewhere where there had been a drought for years and she said she simply could not eat surrounded by thousands of starving people; she had lost a stone in three weeks and looked ill!

I often wonder how she is now - I hope she's well.

She was one of the nicest TV producers I ever met. stevmk2
What a great experience Steve. It would've been fascinating!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 06:42 AM

Anyone watch Our World? An interview with Gina and Amanda, who were kidnapped by Ariel Castro and imprisoned in his home for ten years. Amanda bore a child to him in that time. Unbelievable to think what it must have been like, but amazing how resilient these young women had been.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

09-06-2015, 03:34 PM

I enjoyed the recent BBC - last episode of three this week - Armada: 12 Days to Save England, with Anita Dobson portraying a rather less than glamorous QE1! Dan Snow is a great narrator/host.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Steven with a V ->
I enjoyed the recent BBC - last episode of three this week - Armada: 12 Days to Save England, with Anita Dobson portraying a rather less than glamorous QE1! Dan Snow is a great narrator/host.
Yes we enjoyed this very much..
Nice mix of drama and factual narration..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 03:45 PM

Documentaries are my favourite programme as well, particularly anything to do with astronomy, archaeology, egyptology geology, mathematics and natural history.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Documentaries are my favourite programme as well, particularly anything to do with astronomy, archaeology, egyptology geology, mathematics and natural history.
I always enjoy those type of documentaries meself Barry, barring the maths type, the evidence is there for all to see. I don't trust human history documentaries because the humans who wrote the accounts at the time only show themselves and their leaders in the best possible light, after all nobody in power is ever going to say "I was a right bastard at that time" are they?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 10:40 PM

Quite a fan of documentaries myself, I prefer factual programmes, there are some very good ones and some pretty bad ones.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top