Join for free
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 12:06 AM

Breast feeding in public

what a truly amazing story [several stories actually] - of a caring and intelligent response to a bigoted and shameful attack by a man with a young daughter who should know better.

As a young nipper breast feeding mothers were the norm - in our own household and on public transport [usually a tram for me]

Women who breast feed in public are not doing it to give males a sexual high!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...shamer-on-face

come on lads let's hear your honest views!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 04:46 AM

Re: Breast feeding in public

Breastfeeding in public is perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concernerned but the mother should be as discreet as the conditions allow.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Breastfeeding in public is perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concernerned but the mother should be as discreet as the conditions allow.
could you expand on "discreet" and "conditions" if possible Alan?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
could you expand on "discreet" and "conditions" if possible Alan?
I think my terminology is self-explanatory Gumbud, there's no need to expand on it. You could always look up the words in a dictionary if you need to do so.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 06:25 AM

Ive done it. I never had a complaint in fact at Kettering bus station after trying to calm my screaming son to no avail I distcretly fed him and one old mad winked and said 'thats right my love you give him what he needs'

No need to flap a naked breast around for all to see and most mums dont, they lift or unbutton a top and discretly hold the baby to the breast much as they would if rocking the child to sleep.

There are covers but often this breaks the bond a feeding child often makes strong eye contact with mum and that enhances the bond between them.

As the lady in that article says we are mammals we feed our young by the production of milk ..Breasts are designed to fulfill that need, not to titilate the senses of men and adorn the pages of sleazy mags.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

02-06-2015, 06:34 AM

Good for you Cass. When our children were babies I encouraged Sheila to breastfeed them and she did so apart from our third child when she wasn't producing enough milk to satisfy her.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-06-2015, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I think my terminology is self-explanatory Gumbud, there's no need to expand on it. You could always look up the words in a dictionary if you need to do so.
hedging ya bets as usual Alan - tremble ; tremble - there are Amazon women around!!

discreet: careful and prudent in one's speech or actions, especially in order to keep something confidential or to avoid embarrassment.

condition: a restricting, limiting, or modifying circumstance:
It can happen only under certain conditions.

I looked up the dico Al - is this what you meant?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

02-06-2015, 06:58 AM

More or less Gumbud. To make sure that you understand I'll give you an example. When I was teaching, my maths 'O' level class was joined by a nursing mother. She brought her baby to class with her and when it needed to be breastfed she went into a back room where she was on her own .......discreet !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 07:34 AM

I couldn't breast feed when I had my sons. Don't think I could have
done it in public as I wasn't that way inclined. Saying that I
don't object to it nowadays. If the baby is hungry you feed it
whether its the bottle or the breast.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Discretion is the key. Certain clothing makes it easy to do that. No problem.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top