Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2010, 04:37 PM

Re: Sky info please

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Just another update (I don't know why as you're probably all with me on this subject by now) but I have at last got my desktop working again. Weve got the desktop downstairs now, my computer man never came out in the end so we ourselves had a fiddle around and so far I am back on it. We'll see how it goes.

(Sorry to drive you all mad with this )
Keep up the reports Alicat, at least we will know you are still around!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2010, 05:48 PM

Ah, . . . the joys of wireless networking, .. I set up a system for the wife 7 years ago, . . 2 days later she kept annoying me saying she couldn't get on line so I ran a cable into the next room, . . result, . . perfect connection ALL of the time.

If you have a house where the walls are solid brick forget wireless, . . it's OK in new buildings that are constructed from cardboard boxes but old houses were built properly.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Ah, . . . the joys of wireless networking, .. I set up a system for the wife 7 years ago, . . 2 days later she kept annoying me saying she couldn't get on line so I ran a cable into the next room, . . result, . . perfect connection ALL of the time.

If you have a house where the walls are solid brick forget wireless, . . it's OK in new buildings that are constructed from cardboard boxes but old houses were built properly.
It's been a nightmare Mags and nero! You're right nero when you say about houses with solid brick walls, you notice the difference. Our last house had more of the cardboard walls and we always got a signal upstairs in that one. I don't know Trouble is my desktop is about 8 years old and that was before the wireless routers existed. I expect I'll have to end up buying a new desktop pc with wi-fi connection like my notebook. Using a notebook isnt the same as using a desktop. My notebook is only a 10 inch screen, still, it does it's job. I'll keep on the desktop at the moment though and see what occurs .

I'll end up pulling all my hair out with frustration in the end, or I'll end up pulling hubby's out
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 05:56 PM

Just to say ....... my desktop is now upstairs again and will never come downstairs again, it's no good, it just won't work anymore with a wireless router so I will be using my notebook until we buy a new laptop. I took a trip to PC World yesterday, aren't laptops and pc's still expensive , they haven't come down in price at all, a good laptop costs about £600. It's an expensive business isnt it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top