Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 08:50 AM

Biscuit Dunking

Britons across the country are divided over the optimum time to dunk a biscuit in a cup of tea, a new report reveals.
While those in the north of England like to plunge their biscuit into their warm beverage until it is rather soggy, those in the south of the country are more hesitant and only opt for a quick dip.

Are we divided or do you actually have a biscuit dunking preference..and WHY !

( Just for the record I would throw up if you dunked a biscuit in front of me )

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ably-posh.html
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:10 AM

Re: Biscuit Dunking

A quick dip for me,i hate getting crumbs in the last mouthful of coffee.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:18 AM

It very much depends what kind of biscuit it is. Ginger biscuits must be dunked, I´m sure it´s illegal not to dunk them
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:20 AM

I've never ever dunked a biscuit in My tea,nor do I know Anyone who does so....must be an English thing Methinks :~)
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've never ever dunked a biscuit in My tea,nor do I know Anyone who does so....must be an English thing Methinks :~)

Away wi yer....They were dunking their Tunnocks...silver paper and all when I was there
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:25 AM

I try not to dunk but can't resist doing it. Just a quick dip and then out again.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:26 AM

You poms have different habits to the rest of the world. Where did you get them from?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Away wi yer....They were dunking their Tunnocks...silver paper and all when I was there
Heh heh..soggy chocolate tea cakes.?..no way ;~)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't like it it makes me shudder
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:29 AM

Well I'm quite a 'biscuit dunking connoisseur. I have many years experience on this.

I find it helps to study the quality, texture, thickness and even the make of the biscuit first. Then note the temperature of the tea in to which the biscuit is to be dunked. I find the hotter the tea, the more liable the biscuit is to drop in half in your flippin' tea cup, making a big splash and splashing the front of one's T-Shirt. Most annoying.

After checking the biscuit has no cracks or flaws in it, I tend to do a fairly quick dip nowadays, just to play safe.
Even the best laid plans can go wrong.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top