Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 02:47 PM

How much of your spare time...

…is spent on this site?

I am sometimes here for up to a couple of hours, but usually much less than that. There are so many other things waiting to be done so I would not be comfortable spending more time here. Ok, I'm retired, reasonably active, have my dog to walk and other things to do in the house and garden, but I live alone and do not have an active social life. If I had partner/family I would probably be here less than I am now.

So I'm just curious. Some prolific posters seem to be on here almost permanently. Many have families, some have jobs, so where, or maybe more importantly, WHY do you find so much time to be here?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Re: How much of your spare time...

Great thread Orang...I've been laid up and healing much of the time during the past 6 months which accounts for much of my time spent on here. And at present having had a house full all over the festive season I'm feeling terrible with a persistent cough...this place is a pleasant distraction!
I dip in and out.
Does that make me Dippy? Probably
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
…is spent on this site?

I am sometimes here for up to a couple of hours, but usually much less than that. There are so many other things waiting to be done so I would not be comfortable spending more time here. Ok, I'm retired, reasonably active, have my dog to walk and other things to do in the house and garden, but I live alone and do not have an active social life. If I had partner/family I would probably be here less than I am now.

So I'm just curious. Some prolific posters seem to be on here almost permanently. Many have families, some have jobs, so where, or maybe more importantly, WHY do you find so much time to be here?
Ive often wondered the same as you too Orangutan...
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 02:59 PM

I usually post before going to bed at night and because of the time difference from America, I get responses in the morning. I may spend a little time while having breakfast, lunch and dinner and then in between those moments, I try to make an honest hard buck,

This place is fun with a lot of active people willing to participate.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Since I've had my Android phone I dip in and out more frequently as I don't have to warm up the old laptop.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 03:07 PM

I am in and out all day, rarely here evening because that is when I am at work.

I do various other things while posting, I can knit, watch tv, hold a conversation with others.

I don't see many people during the day after the school run so this is my chance to chat to adults.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 04:41 PM

I was prolific the first 2 years, dwindling now .............
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 04:46 PM

i'm in and out most days until I find Myself getting annoyed with some posts/Posters...THEN I take Myself off on a wee retreat for a week or so...works well so far
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 05:28 PM

very little as is obvious from my infrequent postings ! this is due partly to my busy job and pastimes,and also my slowness on a keyboard !!
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 05:43 PM

I check in a few times every day, just to have a look and see if any topics interest me enough to post on them. Usually they don't. All in all I spend very little time here, as can be seen from my low post count.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top