Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Re: Which Home Guardsman ?

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
All very interesting chaps but much too complicated for this old 'un. I think I'll just buy malwarebyte as it once cleared up a problem I had.
Did the ointment not work then Alan !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Did the ointment not work then Alan !
'fraid not Malcolm old pal !
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Ah yes, not 'Tools' now is it. I don't know what to call the button/icon that leads to 'Settings/Extensions/Get More Extensions'.

I have seen it called the 'hotdog' because it looks like a sausage in between two sides of a bread roll ...no, I don't think it looks like that either. I'm not sure if people would know what was meant if 'Hotdog > etc...' was written.

It seems a bit long-winded to call it 'Customise and control Google Chrome'.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
All very interesting chaps but much too complicated for this old 'un. I think I'll just buy malwarebyte as it once cleared up a problem I had.
You probably won't go far wrong Alan. Many people just use Windows Defender that comes with the system. OK if used in conjunction with MalwareBytes Pro. The Pro version isn't free but worth buying in my opinion. It monitors browsing in real-time (as you use the Internet). The free version doesn't do this.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Ah yes, not 'Tools' now is it. I don't know what to call the button/icon that leads to 'Settings/Extensions/Get More Extensions'.

I have seen it called the 'hotdog' because it looks like a sausage in between two sides of a bread roll ...no, I don't think it looks like that either. I'm not sure if people would know what was meant if 'Hotdog > etc...' was written.

It seems a bit long-winded to call it 'Customise and control Google Chrome'.
Yes, I don't know whether that's a particularly convenient name; it's just what appears when you hover over it.

I miss a proper menu (at the top) in Chrome, as I've become accustomed to with other browsers. 'Tools' says exactly what it is. Why change it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
You probably won't go far wrong Alan. Many people just use Windows Defender that comes with the system. OK if used in conjunction with MalwareBytes Pro. The Pro version isn't free but worth buying in my opinion. It monitors browsing in real-time (as you use the Internet). The free version doesn't do this.
Apart from Windows Defender (and Firewall), I have Malwarebytes (free), but not Malwarebytes Pro. However, I also now have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit which, as I understand it, offers some protection whilst using a browser.

I don't know whether that's ideal, but I haven't suffered any attacks so far - touch wood.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

04-02-2016, 10:21 PM

I've just been reading this regarding Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:

Dated - February 1st 2016

In early November, a well-known and respected security researcher by the name of Tavis Ormandy alerted us to several security vulnerabilities in the consumer version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Within days, we were able to fix several of the vulnerabilities server-side and are now internally testing a new version (2.2.1) to release in the next 3-4 weeks to patch the additional client-side vulnerabilities. At this time, we are still triaging based on severity.
More here:
https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2...ty-disclosure/

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top